new guy from Fort Worth, Tx.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

johnbelial

ok brand new to casting my own stamp blanks poured first two elvis stamp blanks today with no luck kind of frustrating used wood n whimsies monet mold applied stamps to tube with glue on stamp sealed with mod podge used amazing clear cast from hobby lobby when poured cast into mold within seconds the cast started boiling on stamp or thats what it appeared to be doing no pressure pot used and nothing but bubbles help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Maybe you should use Castin'Craft which is a polyester resin. Not sure what kind of resin Amazing Clear Cast Resin is. Polyester Resin works for what you want to do. Once hooked you will want to get it cheaper elsewhere.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

BJohn

Welcome aboard from Cabot, Arkansas

Are you aware of the SWAT Symposium in Waco (3 weeks away). Don, and Curtis will be there. No better place to get advice on casting or any other pen turning subject.

Discounted pre-registration has been extended to midnight August 9th

Home

ternings

John, I'm also in Fort Worth, and have used CastinCraft resin with SOME success, although I've had problems with bubbles in larger pieces. From what I hear, Alumilite is the way to go, but to do it "right" you need pressure vessels, etc. I decided to outsource my casting needs real quick! :) All of the cast stuff on my site is from other people, none of my own attempts have been salable. I'm new to this forum myself so don't know the rules about posting email addresses & phone numbers, but my info is all on ternings.com if you want to talk to a "local"! (I see that others do put their website address here, so I assume that's okay…)

johnbelial

thanks to all well started something new but still having some other problems that are frustrating using castin craft pr, 8163 labels, ca glue sealer 24 hr cure then pour once removed from mold sometimes bubble the length of bottom of tube and others when i turn them the tube just pulls out of cast like its not sticking to it

Top Bottom