New Guy from CT

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Finatic

Hello All, I've been hanging around about a month now and thought it was time to say hello. I started turning about 4 years ago making fishing plugs and having a great time as I prepare for semi-retirement. I started turning bottle stoppers and then saw some pens a friend had made. That was the beginning of the new addiction. I have gathered information from the forum and am ready to start. I think I'm wearing out the search function. Looking forward to contrubuting as I learn. Thanks in advance.
Russ

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

Welcome Russ. By now you know just how much info is available on this site.
Back in '67 I lived in a small town there known as Thomaston. My wife and I were even married there. We were both from Kentucky and working for Eastern Photo Labs in Thomaston. A beautiful part of the country.
Enjoy your addiction.:wink::biggrin:
Charles

Padre

Russ,
Chip here in Manchester. Welcome from a fellow nutmegger.

There is a New England chapter of the IAP that meets every other month at the WoodCraft in Springfield. Great bunch of people.

Also, Dave (surfflyfish4stripers) in Wethersfield makes some pretty mean lures as well as pens.

So come to a meeting in Springfield, and join in the great discussions here on IAP!

Again, welcome!

IPD_Mrs

Mike and Linda here from Zionsville, Indiana. A small suburb of Indianapolis. Glad to have you with us Russ. Welcome to IAP and the obsession of pen turning. Give a shout if you have anything anyone can help with - by now you know what a great place this is to hang out and a really friendly group of people that will help you through just about anything you can run into in the process of learning!!

Mrs. MLK (Linda)

bitshird

Welcome aboard Russ, there is a wealth of information around, if you ever have a question just ask someone will either have the answer or show you a link to where it's at in the library..

Finatic

Thanks guys. Much appreciated.
Padre, Dave is a good friend of mine. Yes, his plugs are TOPS and they catch well.
Looking forward to meeting you all.
Russ

Pen&FishingCT

Thanks guys. Much appreciated.
Padre, Dave is a good friend of mine. Yes, his plugs are TOPS and they catch well.
Looking forward to meeting you all.
Russ
holly smack Russ, welcome to the Pen House:biggrin:,gotta set up a day to have you stop by the shop and make a few pens..
keep your eyes open in the comm. bst this week.

Top Bottom