New from Western Australia.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bob Wemm

Hi all,
Just joined today so thought I would introduce myself. My name is Bob and I live in Kalbarri, a small coastal town (1450) pop, which is 400miles north of Perth and is situated on the mouth of the Murchison River. The town is surrounded by National Park which is great but not as a wood source. There are only trees along the River and everything else is shrubs.
I have had a lathe for about 4 years now and have just upgraded to a Nova 1624-44, as I broke the old one. That is now relegated to become a disc sander.
Until a few months ago I only played with my turning and then I came across this guy called George from Mt. Compas in South Australia and now everything is turned upside down, and things have become decidedly more serious. In a good way of course.
My main interest is bowl turning at the moment although I have purchased a pen mandrel and some other associated gear so who knows what will happen in the future.
Have fun everyone, as I am.:) Cheers Bob.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

Welcome Bob, from far west Kentucky, to the addiction, sometimes referred to as the vortex. Be sure to give the library a good bit of time. The link is at the top of the page. You will find an article called Library Index. This covers tutorials on about anything pen making you can think of. You will also notice that there are articles listed by year. Much good info there as well. When these fail to answer your questions, by all means post it here. I have never seen one go unanswered very long. You might also want to give this thread a good look. It has some very good info for the beginning pen turner; http://content.penturners.org/librar...en_turning.pdf. Grab some wood, make some shavings and have fun all the while being safe.
Have a look at the series of videos ed4copies has just posted showing how to complete a pen from drill to finish.
Charles

robutacion

Well, well, well...! my friend Bob is finally one of us...!

Welcome my friend and be aware that are a few of us here that do other things but pens and the best place to find them as their accomplishments is in the "other things we make" section, found on the drop down menu, under Forums at the bottom right of the page...!

There are "few" very gifted individuals in here, male and female and in time you will find who they are, and the stuff they do...!:eek::wink:

In the mean time, get that new Nova 1624-44 together and working, there is lots of wood to be turned...!:biggrin:

Cheers
George

Top Bottom