new F.P.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

avbill

I just put a Sedona Black Titanium FP together. The wood Tulipwood. I really bad about photography. I rarely pick up the camera anymore When I first put in the cartridge of blue ink the nib was ugly. It scratched, skipped, all over the place. So with the help of the pen FP lovers I took the nib out of the pen and cleaned it. ink on two fingers i washed the nib and the feeder and dried them. I then replaced them into the hosing assembly. I heard the click when the feeder went inside the housing. I then placed the nib aligning the nib and feeder correctly and press the two all the way in the housing.

After i wrote with the pen "the scratching and skipping" went away. Thank you everyone! Now for some interesting ink!

Bill Daniels
retired photographer

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Texatdurango

Originally posted by avbill

I just put a Sedona Black Titanium FP together. The wood Tulipwood. I really bad about photography. I rarely pick up the camera anymore When I first put in the cartridge of blue ink the nib was ugly. It scratched, skipped, all over the place. So with the help of the pen FP lovers I took the nib out of the pen and cleaned it. ink on two fingers i washed the nib and the feeder and dried them. I then replaced them into the hosing assembly. I heard the click when the feeder went inside the housing. I then placed the nib aligning the nib and feeder correctly and press the two all the way in the housing.

After i wrote with the pen "the scratching and skipping" went away. Thank you everyone! Now for some interesting ink!

Bill Daniels
retired photographer

Bill, This may be totally bad advice to give but was a tip given to me. When my nibs were scratchy, feeling like writing with the end of a paperclip, I got some 4000 grit micromesh and gently started writing some figure eights. I wiped the nib and continued the same routine with 12000 grit micromens and the nibs started writing a lot smoother.

Narwhale

avbill,
Another tip I found somewhere on the internet for correcting scratchy fountain pen nibs is to get some regular brown paper sack paper.
I cut up a paper sack into 6" square or so pieces and use them to polish the nib. (Apparently, this is like cardboard, in which a lot of clay is used in its making. The clay dulls knives real fast, but also will polish scratchy nibs.)
The guy recommended writting small currly-cues for about 5 minutes on the paper.
Yes, it does work good. I use the paper to polish nibs straight form 6000 MM.
Rich S.

redfishsc

I did the micromesh and figure-8 thing a couple months ago on one of my scratchier FP's and it worked GREAT! So I did it to two other of my pens and, well, had to replace the nibs afterward[B)]. There is definitely a learning curve to be learnt.

Top Bottom