New(est) guy on the block.....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LK&T

Thank you Jeff for adding me to this community. I've literally perused the forum for minutes waiting for my registration approval, but I can already tell this forum is a winner. I'm looking forward to getting some questions answered, answering what I can when I can and growing into a pretty good pen maker.

So, this is me in the proverbial nutshell. 20 year military veteran (Navy). Retired in 2010 and picked up hand tool woodworking as a hobby in 2014. I made a bunch of stuff. In January 2017 my wife and I opened a small business in Sedro Woolley, WA that centers around knife and tool sharpening, repair, restoration and some retail sales. I bought a small wood lathe to support the repair and restoration part of the business and really liked turning, although definitely not as a sole focus or replacement for hand tool woodworking. For me it's another tool in the bag. I've turned the usual stuff....tools handles, tools for the shop, lidded boxes and pepper mills as gifts, etc. And now pens. Well, so far exactly one pen but with Christmas looming there will be many more.

Again, thanks for adding me to the forum. Happy turning......uh, pen making.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Hello Chad. First thank you for your service. Next thank you for finding us and thinking enough that it made you join us. Pen making in all its formats is a rewarding hobby in many ways. As you say it is another tool in the tool box and being you know your way around tools and machinery you should have no problem at all picking these up. Jump right in and ask away or if there is something you like to add to a thread feel free. Glad to have you aboard.

magpens

Hi Chad !! . Warm welcome to IAP !! . :D :D

Although I am not an American, I feel that it is appropriate for me to also say ..... Thank you for your years of Service !

I know where Sedro Woolley is and have been there many times. . My wife and I have quite a few relatives and friends in that general area.
At the present time, however, cross-border visiting is not possible ..... unfortunately.

LK&T

Hi Chad !! . Warm welcome to IAP !! . :D :D

Although I am not an American, I feel that it is appropriate for me to also say ..... Thank you for your years of Service !

I know where Sedro Woolley is and have been there many times. . My wife and I have quite a few relatives and friends in that general area.
At the present time, however, cross-border visiting is not possible ..... unfortunately.
Mal, looking forward to meeting you when getting across the border isn't a felony!

walshjp17

Thanks for the Welcome Aboard John. I grew up in the Greenville/Anderson/Spartanburg area. Been a minute since I've been through Weddington!
Not that far at all. My sister just moved from Philly to the Greenville area (Simpsonville). We'll be visiting her quite often now since the drive dropped from 10+ hours to about 2.

bmac

Welcome Chad and I also thank you for your service, it is greatly appreciated. You couldn't have picked a better forum for the making of pens, but that is not all the IAP is about, it's a great bunch of guys and gals who are into just about everything when it comes to making things. So dive in and buckle up for the ride. Hope to see some of your work soon.

Bobby
Louisiana

LK&T

Welcome Chad and I also thank you for your service, it is greatly appreciated. You couldn't have picked a better forum for the making of pens, but that is not all the IAP is about, it's a great bunch of guys and gals who are into just about everything when it comes to making things. So dive in and buckle up for the ride. Hope to see some of your work soon.

Bobby
Louisiana
Looking forward to it Bobby. I also have diverse interests when it comes to making things, so I'm sure there'll be lots to talk about.

Top Bottom