New dot material.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KenB259

KenB259

I was poking around Hobby Lobby today and found some new material to use as dots besides aluminum, brass or copper. I tried it in a test piece and like the results so I went ahead and used it on a new pen. The pan has aluminum tubes with the middle ones thicker as those ones have a smaller tube glued inside a larger one. They all have black "bendy bones" melted inside of them. Wood is rambutan and the pen is a rhodium Gatsby. The bendy bones I bought were black, white and green you can see them easily on the test piece. Let me know what you think.
IMG_1546.JPG
IMG_1547.JPG
IMG_1549.JPG
IMG_1550.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Like it. If you look around in the toy section you may find other things that can make a pen such as legos. Another method to get colors that you do not see done much is to use colored epoxy. Just as if you were mixing a resin color just add some color to epoxy glue and you can open a myriad of possibilities. They do this alot when making mosaic pins. Get into adding them to your dots and really dress the pens up. They are big in knife making. Got a million ideas
https://knifemaking.com/collections/mosaic-pins-and-tubes

Top Bottom