New Country Folks Chapter

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
We are starting a new Chapter for people in Southern Indiana, Kentucky and Tennessee. I hope there is a few of you guys out there interested in it.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Oh... how I long for the 'VILLE. I grew up in that area and miss it dearly. My only taste is around Christmas now. I found once you marry an NC woman they don't stray far from the family. don't get me wrong NC is nice, but home is still home!

Thanks,

EBorraga

In Memoriam
Pretty funny. I got quite a few family that lives close to you in Winston Salem. Heck I agree you should join the group. It's a good neighbor thing.

Chasper

I'm in. Here on the southern coast of Indiana we are so close to Kentucky that you can hear the horses.

jimofsanston

My wife and i went thru Tennessee for vacation this year. we went thru this town stopped for gas. It was beatiful and clean. She wants to move there. Ya'll have a very nice area over there.

Gary Max

Jim next time you get over this way stop in----Heck Country Folks always have a pot of coffee on or a cold glass of tea in the frig.
Looks like we have 5 folks signed up----

leehljp

Member Liaison
Country folks - I remember many a day sittin' on the porch in a rocker with an uncle or two, or a neighbor or my granddad and them rocking slowly, occasionally whittling something. Conversations consisted of a word or two, 5 minutes pause, another word or two, another 5 minute pause - waste a whole day to 5 minutes of actual talk and solved the whole world's problems, or at least the local problems! :)

When I get back to the States, I am joining this group! :biggrin:

God has a sense of humor for sure: I grew up (til' I was 18) with my nearest neighbor 2 miles away (3 by road) and ended up in Tokyo, Osaka and Nagoya/Toyota - Metro areas of 30 million, 20 million and 10 million respectively!

I am usually not one for long distance relationships, but Gary extended the offer and I am not one to turn down good southern hospitality. Where's the Bourbon and the Horse's. Any of you guys do the St. James art show. I try to get up there every year for that. One of these days (time permitting) I wouldn't mind trying to Jury into the show.

Gary Max

I am usually not one for long distance relationships, but Gary extended the offer and I am not one to turn down good southern hospitality. Where's the Bourbon and the Horse's. Any of you guys do the St. James art show. I try to get up there every year for that. One of these days (time permitting) I wouldn't mind trying to Jury into the show.

I did St James two years ago----$1250.00 to set up---$150.00 to park
Did not have a good location and just covered expensives.

Holy Cow! It has probably been 10 years or so since my mother stopped doing the show. Can you say inflation! If I remember it was $600 at the time and it really paid to have a premium spot. The foot traffic on the side streets was always bad. Don't they have another show a couple streets down that goes on at the same time?

Gary Max

Holy Cow! It has probably been 10 years or so since my mother stopped doing the show. Can you say inflation! If I remember it was $600 at the time and it really paid to have a premium spot. The foot traffic on the side streets was always bad. Don't they have another show a couple streets down that goes on at the same time?

We where on the end of a side street ---really sucked

EBorraga

In Memoriam
They used to have another show at the same time until this year. The city went crazy, jacked the prices for a spot, and wouldn't let the local groups have a booth in their yard unless they paid a fee which was crazy high.

Top Bottom