New corn cob supplier

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rtjw

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtjw

Yes believe it.

I am not a professional photographer so excuse the pics.

2005416233828_cobs2%20001.jpg

I have found a supplier that can supply me with corn cobs to stabilize. I got a shipment from him this week for 1000 cobs. It is taking a while to stabilize but here is the first batch that I did. I also am including a pic to show the pithy part. Very small section. Less than the diameter of a pencil. Very easy to turn and very good color.

2005416233459_cobs2%20005.jpg

Here is the pithy part.

2005416233729_cobs2%20008.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rtjw

both. I have been selling cobs along with antlers. I am fixing to get the necessary stuff to dye the cobs when I stabilize them. I can do it and still sell them for less than half what other people sell them for. I put the cob in the picture to show what they look like. I usually sell them in packs. I include enough in the pack to make at least 10 pens. the pack goes for 10.00 plus shipping.

For that price I'll take 2 packs of corn cobs. Never in my wildest southern mind did I ever expect to by corn cobs LOL The area I am from the dried corn cob had a very different use.

Thumbs

<b>Johnny</b>, Do you have any more of that super horn that <b>Old Griz</b> got from you for that super pen he just did?

If you not too mad at me to sell me any?[:I][;)]

What price and payment method?

Pretty please with corn syrup sugar on it!?[:eek:)]

No, [}:)]the regular price you sell it for to everybody else.[}:)]Thanks.[:D][:D]
----------------------------------------------------------------------
[;)]<b>Please don't show this to Anthony. You know he'll just try to start something.</b>

rtjw

Bob I am not mad. Especially when someone is buying something from me.[:D] I think it is good when people can express their opinion. I dont mind when people have another opinion about a subject. If they want to be wrong, thats their choice. [:p] just kidding.

I should be getting some this next week. How many do you need. I usually cut them into blanks for shipping. Price will depend on how many. I take paypal.

I dont know about the corn syrup though. I have never used that for a finish, hmmm may have to try it.[:p]

Pastor, not just because I sell them, but I think these cobs are really nice. They stabilize real well and turn real well. I have cut my CA usage by 2/3's with these cobs. Very few spots to fill in. They may seem small but I can do cigar pens with them. I dont do slimlines and cigars are the main pen I do. The pen in the pic i had no blowouts or errors at all during drilling or turning.

The white kernel cobs have a pretty color to them. I am going to start doing half yellow kernel and half white kernel. I am going to take a look in the next few weeks and see if I can reduce the price even more. just depends on how much I can get shipped to me. It sure beats paying the 4 dollars some people are charging. I wont mention names.[;)]

2 packs plus 7.70 for shipping = 27.70. I take paypal.

if anyone wants more than that, I can drop the price to 9 per pack after 5 packs plus shipping.

Thanks for the business. I LOVE business!!!!!

Queso

RTJW,

Please don't think I doubting your advertising...but...regardless of whether the cobs are stabilized or not, they are still corn cobs, not grained wood, and are never going to be "easy" to turn.

As far the the $4 that some are charging, remember, you always get what you pay for...sometimes more..

rtjw

Pastor I hope they turn out good. I will make the garauntee (Hope thats spelled right) that if you dont get at least 8 pens out of it, your next order gets 1 and a half times the amount. That means if you order for ten. Next time you order ten you get enough for 15. Same goes for anyone that orders from me. That should cover blow outs and errors. So go ahead and blow em out. You will get them replaced.

rtjw

Queso, your right, they are not easy to turn. You have to know what your doin.

As far as the charge goes. I dont really believe that about getting what you pay for. I dont charge alot because I dont need to make alot. This is not my full time job. But I do know how much it costs to do it. And sometimes when you pay that high price, its not that much better because your money aint goin into the cob, its goin into someones pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom