New Contest Photo Size?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Chief TomaToe

The Summer Extravaganza contests are right around the corner, so I hope you all are warming up your lathes to make some beautiful pens. There is, however, one big change since the Bash earlier this year - the new forum software. With the new forum software, we have the ability to upload larger photos into our posts to show all the glorious details of our creations.

In the past, the contests have limited entries to the 800x600 photo size for the pictures. I would like to have an informal discussion on whether or not this should change since we have the ability to do so.

What are your thoughts?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I'm in favor of larger photos, but I think there should be some limit on sizes. I've already seen some photos that take up nearly my whole screen.
I find that annoying. (putting it politely) But I'm not running any contests.

greenacres2

I'm photographically challenged on both sides of the lens--so the 800 x 600 helps ease my lack of picture taking skill. A lot of our folks are not just good pen makers, but also excel at photography. I will say that often the 800 x 600 has left me wishing i could see bigger pictures of great pens. If we have the bandwidth, 1200 x 900 seems to fill a post nicely without being obnoxiously large.
earl

Curly

Have a little compassion for those of us living in the sticks that don't have fiberoptic or high speed cable internet. The bigger the picture the slower the download. I'm on an area Wifi system and the tower my antenna is aimed at is at least a couple miles away. The more people in the area using it the slower the service. I'm alright with a bigger picture as long as there is file size limit to 500K or at max 1Meg. On more than one occasion I've closed a thread when the download was taking too long. I can't be the only one. Thanks for letting me snivel.

Hubert H

I'm fortunate in that I have fiber-optic and also high-speed download. However, I vote with Curly because when I go to my sister-in-law's I experience what he's talking about. It can be very frustrating.

jttheclockman

When you have to scroll a photo of a pen up and down or sideways, it is annoying and I leave right away. No need for that. Thumbnail and then when clicked on it blows up. If inserting full size in post as mentioned have compassion to those of us with slow internet.

Top Bottom