New Component Set and Ideas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mg_dreyer

mg_dreyer

So a few weeks back Ed Brown had one of his Thursday evening demos and I was fortunate enough to get to participate. I always have a blast. Well Ed provided me a few sets of his new component set where the component set itself can be modified or made to match. Here are a few pens I did (all pen blank casting was by JohnU). The first one I was great watchface and I was able to pick up the colors. The thin blue line and silver were done using the same powders as ring making (GluBoost sealer). These were a lot of fun.

IMG_1879.jpeg

IMG_1877.jpeg

IMG_1878.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1877.jpeg
    IMG_1877.jpeg
    280.1 KB · Views: 27
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Humongous

I really like this idea and your finished pens are very nice Mark. This adds a really nice bit of customization for a pop of color or contrast that can elevate the wow factor. When will Ed be offering these kits?

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
They are available NOW (for nearly 24 hours!)
(Patent application took longer than expected, it is now filed)

sorcerertd

I love this idea. I was planning on making some contrasting bands for some of the DKRB kits I have, but nothing with an inlay for sure. It's great to have more options!

goldendj

They are available NOW (for nearly 24 hours!)
(Patent application took longer than expected, it is now filed)

Nice! Any fountain pen versions coming? All my "customers" (the dozen or so friends & coworkers I've given pens) like fountain pens ...

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Nice! Any fountain pen versions coming? All my "customers" (the dozen or so friends & coworkers I've given pens) like fountain pens ...

There will be several complimentary products in the next few months. Yes, fountain pens are "under development".

bugradx2

Do you need all the equipment to be able to turn a ring to do the center? I was on that web session but distracted by family when you guys talked about how you made them so I missed that piece.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I plan to make a vid showing how I did it. Need a fill and, in my case, GluBoost pro formula (blue label) and accelerator (GluDry).

mg_dreyer

I really like this idea and your finished pens are very nice Mark. This adds a really nice bit of customization for a pop of color or contrast that can elevate the

Do you need all the equipment to be able to turn a ring to do the center? I was on that web session but distracted by family when you guys talked about how you made them so I missed that piec

Do you need all the equipment to be able to turn a ring to do the center? I was on that web session but distracted by family when you guys talked about how you made them so I missed that piece.
Nothing extra. This video describes the basics of how I did it. I know this one is a ring video but I did it the same way. Hope this helps.

Here is the link …

YouTube Ring Making

TonyL

Thanks Mark. They idea was a dunk-shot. I am surprised or do not the reason why it is was overlooked. I am sure you and Ed know better.

Top Bottom