New Club supporting Southern Louisiana Area

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Just a note to all the Penturners in the Southern La area here is our chapter forum, we are now a formal chapter in IAP.

I am looking forward to the sharing ideas and techniques in pen turning.

If you have anything to share please post so we can all become better pen turners.

We will be planning our 2013 activities soon, to stay in the loop please subscribe to our club's forum in IAP.

if you have some questions please PM me, and I will contact you.

Let's Turn some Pens.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rosewood

Hey, I live over in MS. not to far from y'all. We go to Sidell maybe once a month to do some banking for our SIL/Daughter who live out of the Country. Let me know when you are thinking of a meeting. Thank You, Marty

BSea

Welcome to the club ranks. We were fortunate enough to have a member of another club come to our 1st meeting. He really helped us get organized. We started out doing a meeting every 2 months, but that got a little tough to get demos arranged, and organized. We now meet every 3 months, with our next meeting being a family cookout at a local park. We also have a pen swap at every meeting with a $10 cap. So the total pen can't cost more than $10 including blank.

We generally have around 6 to 12 people per meeting. We also keep a listing of names, phone #, and e-mails for each person. This way we can easily announce the next meeting. You can read through the threads from other chapters to help you get ideas. Our meetings started at 4 hours with lunch. But sometimes they go 6, 7, hours or more. They can be a lot of fun.

Good luck, and if you want to talk more about it, let me know.

Thank You for the advise. We are open to any and all ideas to make this a good venue to develop a creative environment and enjoyable fellowship for all of us who enjoy the same hobbies.

I like the idea of the pen swap..

LagniappeRob

Looking forwards to it. I haven't made a BWT meeting in a while due to other needs, but I'll see what I can do to re-arrange my schedule for the next one.

Top Bottom