New Chain Saw & Some Spalted Pecan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
My old 14" Poulan chain saw died recently & rather than spend the money to repair it, I was going to buy a new one with a little more power. When I mentioned it to my brother, he said that he had a 16" Husqvarna (435) with a carry/storage case that he bought in a charity auction a couple of years ago & never used. So I traded him a couple of jars of honey and a pen for it.

I tried it out today on an old pecan limb from our largest & oldest tree
B510B013-BF09-473B-9203-A1223E75AB62.jpeg
that's been lying on the ground for 4 or 5 years. Perfect timing - it's heavily spalted & quite solid. These blocks are 6-8" thick. This is only about 1/3 of the limb.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

greenacres2

Very nice--lost a Husqvarna in a garage fire in 1996--still kicking myself for not buying another to replace it. Was a smooth saw.
The pecan looks awesome as well.
earl

MTViper

Beautiful wood. Visited a saw mill about 40 miles from home a year or so ago. After I'd picked out some mesquite and cedar, the owner invited me to visit his shop. On the way he explained that a few years before he'd sliced up some spalted pecan and no one wanted to buy it so he put it to use. His shop is 30x50 and the walls are paneled in spalted pecan. What a sight.

I've got a Husky 55 that I've had for 15 years at least. Never misses a beat and will cut anything.

Good luck with both.

MRDucks2

I had a husky 55 from 1996 to 2015 that was a champ. It got submerged in of the Houston area's floods. Since I didn't use it much down there I sold it to a guy to rebuild.

Fast forward to 2020 and bought a 440e to cut up the cherry tree that went down. Works well and is all I need but miss the power of that old 55.

Top Bottom