New banjo

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

optical01

Good day Penturners. I have a Central Machinery lathe (yeah, I know - but it was all I could afford to get started). I always new that the tightening handles for the banjo and tool rest were going to strip out. I made it almost 2 years before this happened. I would like to replace the banjo and tool rest with something else. I do not want the OEM accessories. I am having a hard time finding aftermarket banjos. I just want a simple base and post that will mount to my lathe bed. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Shawn

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wildman

Unless can make threaded insert work, going to spend a lot of time combing Craigs List looking for a replacement.

Otherwise bite the bullet and try ordering one from HF.

Good luck!

rherrell

It's made of cast iron so it's easy to drill and tap. It's probably close to 1/4"(only metric) so drill it out and tap it for a 5/16" bolt, then you can use one of those "jig" knobs.

If you're not comfortable doing that send it to me and I'll fix it for free, just pay shipping. I also make tool rests if you need one.

optical01

Thanks everyone. I am not sure why I didn't think about fixing it. I fix everything else - but I guess my brain chose not to think about this problem. I can easily fix it. Thanks for the push. And thank you Rick for offering to fix it.

sbell111

Depending on which lathe you bought, you may be able to get replacement parts for other company's lathes. For instance, if you bought the HF 34706 lathe, you can buy replacement parts for a Jet JWL-1236.

Top Bottom