New bandsaw

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

fshenkin94

Just had my new grizzly bandsaw delivered. It is sitting in the garage right now. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get it to the basement. It weighs a ton. Isure can't move it. I guess I'll have to find some big guys around here to give me a hand in exchange for a few beers.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

txcwboy

build a make shift slide of 2x4s over the stairs and slide it down there. Or move to Texas where we dont have basements ! [:D]
Good Luck
Dave

jjenk02

Originally posted by txcwboy
<br />build a make shift slide of 2x4s over the stairs and slide it down there. Or move to Texas where we dont have basements ! [:D]
Good Luck
Dave

Or Florida, we don't have basements either, if we did we would have an indoor pool[:D]

jjenk02

Originally posted by jjenk02
<br />
Originally posted by txcwboy
<br />build a make shift slide of 2x4s over the stairs and slide it down there. Or move to Texas where we dont have basements ! [:D]
Good Luck
Dave

Or Florida, we don't have basements either, if we did we would have an indoor pool[:D]

Better still, just ship it to me and I will take care of it for you, after all waht are friends for[:D]

Were a lot of help huh[:eek:)]

dubdrvrkev

It should be packaged in a few pieces, seperately you should be able to move it alone. The only real heavy part is the main casting and that could be broken down if you needed to.

TBone

Slide is easiest way. Hook a rope or pulley/rope at the door to ease it down. If you have someone to help, you can use the pulley and don't need a slide. Just ease it over each lip of the steps.

Besides, getting into the basement is easy. Gravity will take care of that, just put it at the top of the steps and give a push. Getting it out of the basement, now that's another question [:D][:D]

oldsmokey

Fred, rent yourself a refrigerator dolly that has rollers on the bottom to go down the stairs. Have one man on the bottom and one strong guy on the handles. Take one stair at a time. Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom