New Bandsaw!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RGVPens

WOW! I ordered a new Rikon 10-324TG bandsaw...Tue at 9:30 AM. It was delivered today (Fri) at 2:30...3 days! Birmingham AL to Mission TX (on the Mex border) that's FAST!

A lot of places I checked said shipping end of May to mid-June. Yellowhammer Tool Works had it in stock...$1399.99 + $115.50 tax = $1515.49 delivered. I just wish R&L Carriers would have called me...I really didn't expect it till mid to late next week...LOL.

Now I have to rearrange stuff and make a place to put it! Looking forward to trying it out!

Attachments

• IMG_1264.jpg
    IMG_1264.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_1265.jpg
    IMG_1265.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 80
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KMCloonan

That's great! Let us know how it sets up and what you think of it.

I had a similar shipping experienced when I ordered my Laguna lathe from Klingspor's. I know Klingspor's likely ordered the lathe from a distributor and had it drop shipped to me (vs them carrying inventory), but I thought it would take a week or more to arrive. I ordered on a Tuesday, and when I got home from shopping that Saturday afternoon, there was the lathe in my driveway, in the rain. I was a bit upset about that, but I pulled it inside and immediately inspected everything. It was pretty well packaged (double boxed), so the lathe did not get wet. But, same as you, I wished they could have called to let me know they were on their way. The box weighed about 100 pounds, so it's not very likely that someone would drive up in the middle of the day to grab it, but who knows...

RGVPens

That's great! Let us know how it sets up and what you think of it.

I had a similar shipping experienced when I ordered my Laguna lathe from Klingspor's. I know Klingspor's likely ordered the lathe from a distributor and had it drop shipped to me (vs them carrying inventory), but I thought it would take a week or more to arrive. I ordered on a Tuesday, and when I got home from shopping that Saturday afternoon, there was the lathe in my driveway, in the rain. I was a bit upset about that, but I pulled it inside and immediately inspected everything. It was pretty well packaged (double boxed), so the lathe did not get wet. But, same as you, I wished they could have called to let me know they were on their way. The box weighed about 100 pounds, so it's not very likely that someone would drive up in the middle of the day to grab it, but who knows...
Yea...glad I was home! This thing is 272 lbs.! I was lucky it was the last stop for the driver, and he used the pallet jack to bring it up to the shop door. Then I cut the shrink wrap off and he helped push it into the shop. I would still be trying to drag it up otherwise!

I may have an idea where to set it up...but it may take all weekend to clear the spot LOL.

Top Bottom