New addition to my inventory

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Monty

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
These cheese boards have been selling quite well for me.

tmp_31545-20151120_1653171960238587.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
I'm betting it's the addition of the cheese slicer that's making the sale. Not taking anything away from the boards though!
I've seen several selling cutting boards at shows so when I spotted the hardware at Woodcraft, I decided a cheese slicing board may be the ticket for a new item to offer. When my first ones sold out in less that 2 hours, and Woodcraft showed it out of stock, I started searching the web and found the virtually identically ones at cheeseslicing.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Nice Mannie! Good move. What woods are in there? Do you coat them with any oils or anything? I'm not a woodworker yet.
They are any combination of the following: walnut, mahogany, cherry, maple, pecan and red heart. After sanding through 220, they are finished with a butcher block conditioner made of food grade mineral oil, vitamin E, beeswax and carnauba wax.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Nice Mannie! Good move. What woods are in there? Do you coat them with any oils or anything? I'm not a woodworker yet.
They are any combination of the following: walnut, mahogany, cherry, maple, pecan and red heart. After sanding through 220, they are finished with a butcher block conditioner made of food grade mineral oil, vitamin E, beeswax and carnauba wax.

Thanks Mannie..THAT sounds like a lot of work. Which I am sure you are used to.

Dan Masshardt

They are actually a pretty straightforward project (IF) you have the right tools.

Show a picture to your wife. When she says she wants some for Christmas gifts, go out and buy a nice table saw, planer, floor drill press and jointer as well as some clamps. A couple thousand $ later you have a nice cutting board. If you have an extra $1000 a drum sander would be nice too. :).

But, most seriously week workers already have many if these tools and so cutting boards are a very accessible project.

I sold out of slicer boards quickly yesterday and tool orders for 3 more.

And I also sell ones that are not laminated - just one solid wood for the same price and they sell great as well. Some people
prefer one material.

cal91666

Mannie, when cutting the groove for the cutting wire how did you go about getting the 1/16" groove in front tapering to a 5/8" groove in back? Purpose built jig?

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Mannie, when cutting the groove for the cutting wire how did you go about getting the 1/16" groove in front tapering to a 5/8" groove in back? Purpose built jig?
I used the same instructions I used on the Woodcraft slicer. It says to cut a 3/8 groove across the board. If you cut a groove 5/8" deep and your board is 3/4" thick, that leaves only 1/8" left on that end.

Top Bottom