NEW 2 PEN TURNING

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GR8HUNTER

Hello pen turners , My name is Tony i am from Reinholds, Pa. I have been on Lumberjocks for 6 years they recommended me to join here as i am new to turning pens i did have a lathe and tools and i could cut some blanks with wood i have i been watching you tube videos as to learn Lumserjock buddys have sent me some pens and blanks and a mandrel but still need to get nuts or mandrel saver which is what im leaning to get glad i was accepted into this fine forum Thanks :cool:šŸ˜

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Welcome Tony. I remember you from Lumberjocks as I too am a member there. We spoke before. Just wanted to say welcome and you have come to the right place if you want to talk pen making. This site is full of examples of great pen makers and there is a ton of info stored in the library here. Along with that we are a friendly bunch that are willing to share our knowledge and tips and tricks. Have fun and take a look around.

Have to ask what the GR8 stands for? We have 4 other members that their sign-on names begin with that. When I seen your name it made me check to see if you were a past member because the initials looked familiar.

Woodchipper

Welcome. Might still be a member of Lumberjocks but spent too much time on forums. It was a good forum with the "branch" forums, too. Might renew it as I could use some help with a couple of projects.

BULLWINKLE

Welcome Tony. I remember you from Lumberjocks as I too am a member there. We spoke before. Just wanted to say welcome and you have come to the right place if you want to talk pen making. This site is full of examples of great pen makers and there is a ton of info stored in the library here. Along with that we are a friendly bunch that are willing to share our knowledge and tips and tricks. Have fun and take a look around.

Have to ask what the GR8 stands for? We have 4 other members that their sign-on names begin with that. When I seen your name it made me check to see if you were a past member because the initials looked familiar.
GR8 = GREAT

BULLWINKLE

Hello pen turners , My name is Tony i am from Reinholds, Pa. I have been on Lumberjocks for 6 years they recommended me to join here as i am new to turning pens i did have a lathe and tools and i could cut some blanks with wood i have i been watching you tube videos as to learn Lumserjock buddys have sent me some pens and blanks and a mandrel but still need to get nuts or mandrel saver which is what im leaning to get glad i was accepted into this fine forum Thanks :cool:šŸ˜
Welcome Tony. I vote that you get a mandrel saver. It allows you to shorten up the mandrel without using spacers. It also keeps your turning truer.

randyrls

Hi Tony! I am in just north of Harrisburg PA. Susquehanna Woodturners meets at the Woodcraft store in Harrisburg. The woodcraft store has quite a selection of pens and kits. On Nov 5 & 6 the store is hosting a "Turn for the Troops" event. We will be making pens for troops serving our country. If you can; Drop by. Blanks drilled and tubed will be available for turning. You can turn and pen or two. I'll post more details in the forum.

Top Bottom