Neje Software issue

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

auldenglish

I just got the 1500mW Qiilu and am having an issue with the software. I've seen that images should be 550px x 550px, but when I drop them in they get cut off with no clear rhyme or reason. When I put them into the v2.0 software it works fine. I have now tested with 3 different images I made 550x550 and posted screenshots of the results here: https://imgur.com/a/QtpUtd6

Anyone have any pointers for how to get an image to display properly in the 4.0 software?

Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
With my NEJE I maxed at about 400px, finally figured out that the measurement scales on the side of the window were fairly accurate. The bed measured larger, but the travel isn't there.

TonyL

Experienced the same when I bought a new computer with the same OS though (don't know why it wouldn't work). After much frustration and reading blogs, I loaded the older version software. I got it to work by installing the driver every time I launch the application. Now it works as long as I perform that extra step. Good luck.

chartle

I use an different program called EzGraver. Not sure where its from but it has a lot more features than the software that came with the unit including dithering and sort a layered color separation thing. I don't think I ever found any real documentation but is there really any for the "OEM" software.

I've had mixed results using the dither and layer options.

https://github.com/camrein/EzGraver

https://github.com/camrein/EzGraver/releases

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:

auldenglish

Thank you all for the feedback. I'll try your suggestions and report back what works/doesn't work for me.

On a side note, I was looking at the screenshots I took of the images dropped into the 4.0 software and it almost appears to me like they tried to incorporate some sort of 'smart' cropping based on the image content. For instance, the concentric circles is cropped to a square aspect ratio where the original image equally fills that type of aspect. Whereas the owl is a vertically oriented rectangular crop and the Seahawks logo is a horizontally oriented crop; both of which, despite being in a square image file, the 'crop' seems to be roughly the shape of the actual image...just much smaller so it cuts off the image.

IDK though, for as cheap as this thing is, I didn't expect perfection and DID expect to have to tinker around with it to make it do what I wanted. Thanks again for all the feedback!

chartle

Cliff, how did you get EzGraver to work with your machine? I've had no luck with it.

I have the 1,000mw machine and just hooked it up, selected the port, COM3 for me, and pick either v1 or v2. they both seem to work.

This is a slightly older version I just found the newer version yesterday. Its a signature I'm working on for the bottom of my bowls. Plan is to glue a wooden coin in a recess.

Attachments

• burner.jpg
    burner.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 153

chartle

Cliff, how did you get EzGraver to work with your machine? I've had no luck with it.

But From that Facebook group

EzGraver 3.2 & 4.0 beta does not seem to work with the newer DK-BL (bluetooth) model. It will connect, but will not respond to any commands after uploading image to DK-BL. I've confirmed this on both Windows 7 x64 and Ubuntu 16.04 x64 using protocols 1, 2 & 3. The NEJE app works fine on the Windows machine.

Last edited:

x31korps

I just got the Neje 1500 DK-BL (Bluetooth) model and like everyone else, the software is doing the weird crop thing. Where can I find the older software? EzGraver is not working either.

Top Bottom