Negative Rake cutters

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Chasboy1

I was wondering if carbide cutter sizes are standardized, or must I buy from who made my tools? Woodturningz is having a sale, so I got curious.
Thanks!

howsitwork

It all depends,, which is not very helpful I know !

To explain the hole size in the centre, centre of hole to edge distance and shape all vary slightly . There will be an ISO code for the tips ( international standard organisation ( I think is the actual name )) and if you can get that then look for that to buy them.

They will be cheaper that way as very few manufacturers will make their own tips , they will be bought in but they wont tell you the codes.

heres a guide to tips

Hope that helps?

egnald

Greetings from Nebraska - I buy almost all of my carbide cutters from AZ Carbide. They have a good Cross Reference Chart that shows the tool manufacturer, tool name, carbide number, screw size, cutter shape, cutter size, etc. Here is their link: https://azcarbide.com/cross-reference-chart/ I have found their 10-packs the best bargain, for example, the 2" radius square that I use is $55 per 10. (Even if you don't buy from them, their cross reference chart can be very useful).

Regards,
Dave

Top Bottom