Need suggestions

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RunnerVince

If you can abide the black stripe on the clip, the slimline pro is a quality 7mm pencil.
Anyone know if there are alternative clips available for the slimline pro? The pen/pencil set I did for myself years ago has held up very well. I just hate the clip, and I'm pretty sure the standard slimline clip is too small.

Darios

There are also pencil mechanisms that can be used to convert some pen kits.
The Vertex, Spartan and Berea's Perfect Fit are a few examples.

I would recommend /against/ the Saxa though. The one I made gave me problems with the cap - being too short on one kit or just a little off tolerance on a different one.

Curly

7mm is pretty big being over a 1/4" thick. 5.3 or 4 is the biggest I know of, workshop pencils take them. Are you actually wanting a .7mm lead?

Pete

Curly

Best I can suggest 5.6mm Sketch Pencils that Penn State sell. There are other platings I think. Just pulled up the first couple I found.

keithlong

Hey guys thanks for your response. I meant to say .7mm lead instead of 7mm lead. My bad, I don't get many requests for pencils.

MTViper

Would be nice to know the age/size of the child. I love the PSI Duraclick .7mm pencils. My wife has smaller hands and she loves the Saxa EDC pencils also in .7mm

egnald

Ed at Exotic Blanks sells a Schmidt DSM 2006 Pencil Mechanism in 0.7mm that I have used to convert Cigar Pens into Pencils. For the Cigar it was a simple swap out the Parker ink for the Schmidt Pencil Mechanism. They also have them in 0.5mm and in 0.9mm, but the 0.9mm requires a modification of the pen in order to make it work. Although I prefer the 0.9mm lead size, so far, I have not tried to modify a pen kit to make it work. The 0.7mm however, worked great. - Dave

RunnerVince

Ed at Exotic Blanks sells a Schmidt DSM 2006 Pencil Mechanism in 0.7mm that I have used to convert Cigar Pens into Pencils. For the Cigar it was a simple swap out the Parker ink for the Schmidt Pencil Mechanism. They also have them in 0.5mm and in 0.9mm, but the 0.9mm requires a modification of the pen in order to make it work. Although I prefer the 0.9mm lead size, so far, I have not tried to modify a pen kit to make it work. The 0.7mm however, worked great. - Dave
With the swap, how do you advance the lead? Via twist or click action?

egnald

With the swap, how do you advance the lead? Via twist or click action?
Twist to release and advance, then return to lock the lead. If the Cigar kit has a double action transmission I replace it with a single action one. The double does work, but the single I think is more intuitive. Twist one direction to advance and back to lock. - Dave
PS Exotic Blanks sells the Single Action Twist Transmissions individually as well as the Double Action ones.

Last edited:

Bope

I have done the same swap with several other parker twist pens. Some kits you need to ream the hole in the nib to get the pencil to seat. There ae a couple different pencil units out there. I have used ones form both Exotic Blanks and Beartooth.

Top Bottom