Need special arbor.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Chasboy1

Hi all, On my Shopsmith, I have a dust chute for the 12" sanding disk that didn't fit with the aluminum disk I have. Turns out Shopsmith changed to a steel disk that has a longer arbor, placing it in the right spot within the dust chute. I was about to sell it when I decided to give it one more try. I realized I had a 5/8" to threaded 5/8" arbor made by a machine shop teacher so I could use Sears saw blades my Dad gave me. Well, the short version is the disk fit on the end, (the arbor has a slot for the locknut) and all I had to do was adjust the outer cover so the disk could spin freely, which it did. Now that the problem is solved, I'd like to have an arbor made that fits the spindle and then has a non threaded end for the disk. Are there any machinists on this forum that can do this kind of thing? I will provide specific dimensions, etc.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

Rick's name has been coming up a lot recently. Thanks for the reminder, Louis. Good source for things not available off the shelf.

lorbay

If you run into problems elsewhere let me know and I can maybe help you out. But I live in Canada.
Lin

David350

FYI, if you ever need any Shopsmith parts or accessories, try eBay. I love the Mark 5 I have from my dad as he bought it the year I was born (1959) and it still works great. I use the 12" disc sander to knock of the corners of all blanks I turn and it really speeds up the turning process....

Top Bottom