Need some plastic sheet

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

gerryr

I'm having a terrible time finding some 1/16" thick white and black plastic sheet. I would prefer it to be acrylic/plexiglass, but have not be able to find any. So far I've only been able to find 1/8", nothing thinner. Anybody know of a source?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

I'm building a new light box and these pieces need to be 12x24. I hadn't thought of pickguard. I'll check Luthiers Supplies and also McMaster to see what they have.

Randy_

Originally posted by retired-sofa-spud
<br />Try www.mcmaster.com. They have sheets of white or black delrin for about $6 per 12x12 sheet.

I'm guessing Gerry is looking for materials for segmented pens. Delrin won't work because you can't glue it.

kirkfranks

Go pay a visit to your local sign shop. Preferably the type of shop that makes light up signs... they will probably have a bunch. May even have scrap large enough for your purposes if you take a nice pen for the manager.[;)]

Randy_

Couldn't you go to a hardware store or lighting shop and buy a replacement diffuser for a fluorescent light fixture? Seems like pickguard or Delrin is a pretty expensive material for such an application?

gerryr

Pickguard would work, if it came in the right size. I found 12x20, 10x16 and 24x54. So, I think I will try the suggestion of contacting a sign shop. And the delrin only seems to come in 12x12.

gerryr

Oops, guess I didn't read their website very carefully. I will probably buy those if I can't find something at a local sign shop cheaper.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Gerry, I'm not really sure what you wanted to do with it, but I assumed that it was for the sides of the light box? If it is, maybe you could paint the inside surfaces, which would be less likely to get scratched. I also want to build a light box too, one day when I'm at home again.[:(] I have some acylic sheeting, but I think I'll try cloth first.

gerryr

Stephen,
The thin pieces are actually for the bottom of the box, that's why I'm a bit concerned about durability. Old Spike is sort of a gritty character.[:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom