Need instructions

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tking308

I'm new to pen turning and have been given several pen kits. Unfortunately not all of them have instructions or bushings. Being new at this, instructions are very important to me. I know I can get by without the bushings but without the instructions, idk how some go together.
I'm looking for
PSI Olympian roller ball bushing info and/or instructions
woodcraft american click bushing info
Unknown maker "combo pen/pencil version 2" product number "2423A27" bushing info and or instructions
Any help would be appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

More4dan

If you have an iPhone there is an app with the bushing and instructions for most every pen kit. You can also search by dimension to help find your unnamed kits. Search IAP in the App Store.

If you don't have an apple phone or tablet, PM me your email address and I can send you the info

Danny

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Last edited:

magpens

The instructions for making the Olympian (and the bushing info) are on the PSI website:

https://www.pennstateind.com/library/PKOL2xx_ins.pdf

The Woodcraft American Click may be an obsolete pen kit, but have a look at these instructions and see if they are what you need:

https://www.woodcraft.com/media/W1s...click-ball-point-pen.pdf?sha=ec791c65929c59c5

The "combo pen/pencil version 2" product number "2423A27" does not look at all familiar. . The product number looks ALMOST like a Woodcraft number, being 6 characters, but they don't use letters in their numbers as far as I know.
I have never seen a "combo pen/pencil" kit in my pen making experience. There are some kits that can be made to be either a pen or a pencil but I have not seen any kit that can function as a "combo".

Here is a listing of where to find instructions (which I got by going to the Home page of this website ... see right hand column at Home)

http://content.penturners.org/library/man/suppliers_kit_instructions.pdf

and here are some links to pen kit bushing and brass tube information ... also Home page ... right hand column

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f109/bushing-tube-dimensions-kit-suppliers-135922/#post1805105

I also have a years-old chart that is useful for some obsolete kits. . Many of the kits are still being manufactured and sold.
You may find it useful. If you send me your email address I will send you this chart (which I use myself very often).

I don't think this chart is generally available anymore except by getting it from a long-time IAP member.

This chart includes the original (I think) Olympian Elite as well as the Olympian Elite II. There seems to be one dimension different.

I do not know if there ever was a pen kit called the Olympian without the word Elite, as in your original post.

Last edited:

Tking308

The Olympian elite 2 is different than the Olympian (says PSI)
Thanks for the link to the woodcraft pen, I'll check it out.

magpens

The Olympian elite 2 is different than the Olympian (says PSI)
Thanks for the link to the woodcraft pen, I'll check it out.

SEE MY REPLY TO YOU ABOVE .... LAST FIVE OF LINES OF TEXT. . SEND ME YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IN A PRIVATE MESSAGE

Last edited:

magpens

The closed-end Olympian Elite (nor II or 2) is a very new pen kit ... introduced about 18 months ago (instructions are copyright 2015)
I am not talking about IT at all. . I do not have one of these kits, or any other by the Olympian Elite name (with or without the II or 2).

All I am saying ... and I am trying to help you ... is the Olympian Elite (without II or 2 and NOT closed-end) has been around for a long time and it is listed in the chart I have offered to send you. . That chart was last updated on July 23, 2010 ... which predates your joining this IAP group by nearly 7 years. . The Olympian Elite II instructions have a copyright date of 2008, so I believe that before that all that existed was the original Olympian Elite (without the II or 2). . So that may give you an idea of how old your kit is.

If you want information about the Olympian Elite kit (not II or 2) which you have, the closest you are likely going to get, I believe, is to ask me to send you the chart from 2010.

Last edited:

Mortalis

Give a man a fish and you will feed his family for the day.
Teach a man to fish and he will never starve.

If you go to each of the vendor's web sites and go to each pen kit page there is usually a link to get the instructions there. You will also find a lot of information about each kit including what bushings you will need, the mandrel size if using a mandrel etc...
Some vendors have a special section that will list all their kit instructions in one place. I believe Berea or BearTooth is one of those.

magpens

Mal, did you mistake me for the OP in your last post? :biggrin:

Very sorry .... yes I did ! :redface: . . It was late at night, after a disturbing news report ... and you are both in W. Kentucky ! :biggrin:

Last edited:
Top Bottom