Need help with pen refill.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mrjinx007

Hi folks. I have a customer who wants a pen but she wants it to write in .5MM style as that of the Pilot Precision V5. Can anyone recommend some pen kits with a .5mm refill? Thank you.
Another question. I am fairly new to this site and am wondering, should I be getting an email notification when folks respond to my threads?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mrjinx007

acmaclaren,
Thank you. Like pen state, they don't have a description of the pen refill other than its size. I sent them an email.
Curly,
Thank you. Upon looking, all the correct boxes are checked. I probably need to check and make sure my email is not blocking message coming in from this site.

TonyL

These are Parker-style compatible (I use the .7mm version) with my roller balls (actually prefer them to the Schmidt 5888). However, they are not the Pilot Precision V5 .

budnder

Yes - what TonyL said... I swap in G2 refills on all the rollerball kits I do, because I think they write so well. Like Tony, I don't care for the 0.5mm extra fine, but I've tried them and mechanically they work fine. If she wants a click pen that might be an issue... not sure one of those exists that takes a Parker style refill.

Curly

Marla uses the Pilot Precision V5 at work only as she prefers the fine line to write small on the patient charts so I understand where your customer is coming from.

The V5 is about half and inch longer than the Parker style refills used in click pens. It is vary close to the rollerball refills so would probably swap out in a capped pen, maybe with minor mods. I took my Tempest Click and the top end will work fine with the clicker. The bottom end wouldn't let the refill extend quite far enough because the shoulder the spring bears against is shorter than a Parker style. You'll need to find a shorter spring or cut some coils off or possibly drill the nose a bit more in case the shoulder is hitting something inside. You would also have to make the tube/s longer to accommodate the extra half inch or so of refill. There may be other clickers the might be easier to modify and there was a recent discussion on some PSI clicks with the Schmidt mechanism that have a plastic spacer. Removing it and shortening the spring might work. https://www.penturners.org/threads/new-clicker-from-psi.158764/#post-2015484

Disclaimer. Marla makes blanks for Beaufort Ink and Turners Warehouse sellers of the Tempest.

mrjinx007

Thank you gents and ladies. She backed out. Apparently the lady can't do without v5. Crazy.

sbwertz

These are Parker-style compatible (I use the .7mm version) with my roller balls (actually prefer them to the Schmidt 5888). However, they are not the Pilot Precision V5 .

And Tony sends me all the old refills for the blind center! Thank you Tony! I give a free refill with each pen now.

Top Bottom