Need help to identify a pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JCochrun

A coworker asked if I might be able to fix a pen that was given to him when he retired from the Navy. I'm having trouble determining what kind of pen it is and where to find replacement parts. The attached pic shows all of the components of the pen. The black part connected to the nib has threads to go into the main body of the pen. The outside of the threads measures 8mm. This is the part that doesn't work. The threads on the black plastic pull right out of the main body. I would just make him a new pen but this one has lots of sentimental value to him (and custom engraving that I can't do yet).

I appreciate any help that any of you can provide.

Thanks,

Jim
Penn Valley, CA

Attachments

• 01505ad99804cfdfd8c0d2bb5ad1a5858cc67b800c.jpg
    01505ad99804cfdfd8c0d2bb5ad1a5858cc67b800c.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 276
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kyaggie

Maybe as a fix you can fill the threads on both the nib and inside the barrel with a good epoxy (like T-88) and then use a suitable tap and die to cut new matching threads.

Just a thought,
Mike

walshjp17

While it does resemble a Mont Blanc Meisterstück, the center band is not the same as any of the Meisterstücks on their website.

JCochrun

Maybe as a fix you can fill the threads on both the nib and inside the barrel with a good epoxy (like T-88) and then use a suitable tap and die to cut new matching threads.

Just a thought,
Mike

Any recommendations for a good tap and die kit?

Jim

kyaggie

From me, no but I bet some of the kitless fountain pen folks will be able to point you in the right direction.

Mike

Top Bottom