Need help shopping

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CREID

I am a diabetic and I think I am going to need help grocery shopping for the rest of the month of October. Every aisle I went down, some candy or another was on sale, and CHEAP mind you. I did very well not giving into temptation this time but don't know if I can hold out. jsjfdsaja;l Oh excuse me, this bag of Chik-O-Stick's jumped onto my keyboard.

Curt

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Not sure if you are in the area serviced by them, but many local grocery store will deliver (in my area Safeway does). Amazon also offers grocery delivery and Google has a shopper, though I am not sure what metro area are covered by them.

CREID

Put your list together.......Give it to someone else to pick up.
Ask them to only get the stuff on the list.
Don't put any candy on the list.

Stay strong.

I am strong. By the way this errant bag of Chick-O-Stick's say's in a big font on the front of the bag 55 + pieces. I just counted them and there are considerably less that 55 in this bag.:biggrin:

Curt

CREID

Ok, you people are scaring me here. This was meant as a jest. Not that I am diabetic, I am. But as a jest at how much candy is in the stores. Now don't get me started on Christmas. Have you been to Lowes lately.

Curt

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

Stay strong.

I am strong. By the way this errant bag of Chick-O-Stick's say's in a big font on the front of the bag 55 + pieces. I just counted them and there are considerably less that 55 in this bag.:biggrin:

Curt
Well, I'd be glad to help you out...but I'm not sure the groceries would do well on the trip from Delaware to Washington....Heck, i'm not sure I would do well on the trip from Delaware to Washington.

SteveJ

My diabetic nurse tells me I can eat toffee...just not to excess. But the candy sure does look tempting. From now til after New Years we'll have temptation trauma!

CREID

Stay strong.

Curt
Well, I'd be glad to help you out...but I'm not sure the groceries would do well on the trip from Delaware to Washington....Heck, i'm not sure I would do well on the trip from Delaware to Washington.

You never know until you try.:glasses-nerdy:

Curt

CREID

My diabetic nurse tells me I can eat toffee...just not to excess. But the candy sure does look tempting. From now til after New Years we'll have temptation trauma!

The diabetic nurse, doctor and nutritionist told me I could eat candy. They also said not much, but consider it your meal.

Curt

SteveJ

The diabetic nurse, doctor and nutritionist told me I could eat candy. They also said not much, but consider it your meal.

Curt

Sweet joy! a snickers for dinner....Honey, I'm still hungry :biggrin:

CREID

Curt

Sweet joy! a snickers for dinner....Honey, I'm still hungry :biggrin:

Snickers are just like Chinese food. An hour later and you're still hungry.:rolleyes:

Curt

dthayer

Curt,

I'm available any time to help you shop. I'll just eat any candy that ends up in your cart (it took years to develop this Santa Claus figure and I need to maintain it! :redface: )

CREID

Curt,

I'm available any time to help you shop. I'll just eat any candy that ends up in your cart (it took years to develop this Santa Claus figure and I need to maintain it! :redface: )

I appreciate that, let me know when you are in the area.

Curt

Jack Parker

Stay strong.

Curt

Now :)

ELA

I feel your pain.:biggrin: I have to put my blinders (devices put on horse harness to keep them from being distracted by anything not directly in front of them when plowing) on when going down the candy aisle.:mad-tongue:

In my Wallyworld they have a candy aisle... both sides, from one main aisle to the other... so I can just skip that aisle altogether --- if I were so inclined --- besides, I only like Butterfingers in bite size or Reese's peanut butter cups -- they say peanut butter is healthy and chocolate will raise your mood and keep you in a good place....... so try to ingest as much as I can.

OKLAHOMAN

My doctor said no pasta,:frown: no bread,:mad: no Italian gelato:crying: (same as Ice cream but better:tongue: )no pizza:redface:, I was used to pasta at least twice a week, pizza for lunch at least once a week bread every meal and Gelato at night every night.
I threatened to change doctors, but compromised and will have pasta once a month, only eat rye bread, pizza on special occasions like Mondays:wink:

Skie_M

I feel your pain.:biggrin: I have to put my blinders (devices put on horse harness to keep them from being distracted by anything not directly in front of them when plowing) on when going down the candy aisle.:mad-tongue:

They also use blinders in horse track racing. It is VERY difficult to get horses to run so close together ... they instinctively give each other safe room if they can see each other.

As a side note, war horses used by medieval cavalry and knights were specially trained to run down people and objects. Normally, a horse will NOT make contact with someone who is standing still directly in their path ... they will go around them.

CREID

My doctor said no pasta,:frown: no bread,:mad: no Italian gelato:crying: (same as Ice cream but better:tongue: )no pizza:redface:, I was used to pasta at least twice a week, pizza for lunch at least once a week bread every meal and Gelato at night every night.
I threatened to change doctors, but compromised and will have pasta once a month, only eat rye bread, pizza on special occasions like Mondays:wink:

I had spaghetti last night, just without the pasta. Now if that aint a dedicated diabetic?

Curt

CREID

Folks remember my last name ends in a vowel, a true Italian never would eat Faux Spaghetti :biggrin:

I had spaghetti last night, just without the pasta. Now if that aint a dedicated diabetic? Curt

Spaghetti squash?

It's pretty good with the sauce and you are eating your veggies. :)

It wasn't faux spaghetti, it was simply spaghetti sauce and Italian sausage, oh and with Parmesan cheese on top.

Curt

Skie_M

Could be worse ... he could be going all-american style. Ground burgers drowned in ketchup with shredded monteray jack on top and sliced onions, green peppers, and crushed crackers mixed in...

Wait, nevermind, that's just meatloaf.

Top Bottom