Need a submission form for your contest?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
I created a submission form for the photo contest that I am running. If anyone else wants a similar form for their contest, just let me know. This form takes all of the data and sends an e-mail to whatever e-mail address I have it set up to send to. In that e-mail, all of the info is displayed and the photo comes in as an attachment. If there is enough interest, we may even be able to get Jeff to set something up on the IAP server where I can do it with an IAP address.

You can find the form at http://content.penturners.org/joomla/

Feel free to test it out by sending a test submission!

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
I need someone to test out the form and let me know of any problems on their end! It seems to work fine on my end but I don't want to have trouble once the contest starts!

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
Same photo three times...

First one locked up with the wheel...
second one showed invalid token
third one successful with the message - Submission successful! Thank you for your participation, now submit another! :)

No idea why...maybe it's my computer? Lets see if others' work

Scott

Curtis!

I would LOVE one of these forms for the Ug Ug Ugly Pen Contest!!! I don't need the category, and I would like the ability to have them send up to three photos. I'll PM you with my E-Mail address. Thanks!

Scott.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Scott,

You got it! I will work on it asap. Not sure if I can make it to allow 3 uploads at once. Have not tried that. For my contest, the user would just submit the form twice with a different photo. I like the idea of doing multiple uploads per form if the form software will allow.

Everyone else, Jeff has now give me a Joomla! install here on the IAP server so it would be really great if all the contests used an entry form. It will make keeping records MUCH easier for you since you will get the entry via e-mail with all of the required information. The last time I ran the photo contest, about 60% of the people provided the right information! With this form, if they do not provide the info, they can not submit the form. I will be happy to build as many forms as necessary and each will have their own URL. Just let me know if you want one so I can get to work on it.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Here is what the e-mail that you, as the contest manager, will receive, will look like.

A new entry has been added to 2011 IAP Ugly Pen Contest and contains the following data
IAP Handle : Mesquiteman
Full Name : Curtis O. Seebeck
E-mail : Curtis@TurnTex.Com
Address 1 : 531 Hunter Ridge
Address 2 :
City : San Marcos
State/Province : TX
Postal Code : 78666
Category : Worst Looking Normal Pen
Name of 1st Pen :
Story of the Pen :
Upload Photo : iap_logo.jpg( 10221 Bytes )
Category : ==Please select category==
Name of 2nd Pen :
Story of the Pen :
Upload Photo :
Category : ==Please select category==
Name of 3rd Pen :
Story of the Pen :
Upload Photo :

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Here is a link to an export of all entries in a contest. Obviously this is just test data for the ugly pen contest but this will give you an idea of what data can be provided. I can also do this as an excel file.

Attachments

• uglypen.doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 124
Top Bottom