Need a Nice Wooden Pen Box - Suggestions needed!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wrjones224

Hey Everybody - I just landed a commissioned piece to make a higher-up at my large company a pen. I will be making him a Statesman Rollerball Pen (full size) out of a KY Bourbon Barrel. My Dilemma is I need to get a really nice wooden box that can also have a logo engraved on the top of it. I've shopped around and nothing has really caught my interest. Does anyone have any ideas? I will need to be done with the project in 10 days from now so I am running low on time. All help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Ryan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DavidD

Hey Ryan,

Congratulations on the order. From my memory, Woodturningz might offer an engraving service on very average-quality wooden boxes. (The "average quality" comment is not at all a knock on Woodturningz - these are the same wooden boxes sold across virtually all of the vendors, and I can't say I've ever been impressed with the quality.)

I might have a few of these (https://www.woodturningz.com/Multipurpose_Box_-_Maple) in stock if you need a very fast engraving turnaround.

Good luck!
David

Mortalis

Here is a box I had done when my Nephew graduated and was going to higher education. That was some time ago and I believe this is one of the Woodturningz boxes with their engraving.
Another thing to keep in mind is that chances are the box will only be used to house the pen(s) the one time unless it is a box that can convert into a useful stand/holder (see my ducks unlimited stand below that was commissioned for the past head of Ducks Unlimited) or a commercial pen holder.

Attachments

• DSC_0002.JPG
    DSC_0002.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 180
  • DSC_0005.JPG
    DSC_0005.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 202
  • 20131207_170237.jpg
    20131207_170237.jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 171
  • Store_Show.JPG
    Store_Show.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:

wrjones224

Hey Ryan,

Congratulations on the order. From my memory, Woodturningz might offer an engraving service on very average-quality wooden boxes. (The "average quality" comment is not at all a knock on Woodturningz - these are the same wooden boxes sold across virtually all of the vendors, and I can't say I've ever been impressed with the quality.)

I might have a few of these (https://www.woodturningz.com/Multipurpose_Box_-_Maple) in stock if you need a very fast engraving turnaround.

Good luck!
David
Hey David - do you do logo engraving? Can you send me a personal message? Thanks!

Top Bottom