Need a light for my Midi lathe

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

philipff

Any recommendations for a mag-base, goose necked light to sit on the side of my Delta midi so I can see what I am doing ( for a change)!! P

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

One brand name for a small magnetic base light that I know is .... iGaging .... there must be others. . Try a search on Google or Amazon.

Or you could go to a couple of tool stores and ask.

Fred Bruche

I've had the third one in the list ("Ron Brown's best") for a couple of years, happy with it, works well for the intended purpose.

gt64155

I just purchased 2 mag lights from Highland Hardware. Their item #169804. A 23 inch gooseneck switchable mad base light. I have one on my Oneway lathe and the other on my Jet midi lathe. I'd buy it again. On sale for $49.

Bill

PBorowick

I have similar ones as John Eldeen has.

One on my headstock and one on my tailstock. Great for being able to light the whole piece from both ends. Also have one on my grinder for sharpening which has helped tremendously.
Those magnets hold well. I was worried about them vibrating off since they are on curved surfaces but they don't go anywhere even when roughing out bowls.

howsitwork

Can I suggest also looking at one which has a magnifying lens built in? None of us is getting any younger ( can't believe I'm typing that !!) and being able to look for flaws in finish etc in situ by moving the light closer and using the lens is handy.

magpens

Obviously you've never been to NE Mississippi. Closest Tool Store is over 150 mi away and we'd haf'to walk bare-foot uphill both ways.
Sorry that my lessons in geography did not include Columbus, Miss. .... :) :cool:šŸ„µ

Well, I did give you a brand name that you can search for !!

I found out that Columbus has a population of over 20,000 so, if there is no tool store, maybe that's a business opportunity for that neck of the woods ! ;) . But then, folks would have to walk bare-foot UPHILL BOTH WAYS to get to THAT store !! o_O:rolleyes:

DrD

Sorry that my lessons in geography did not include Columbus, Miss. .... :) :cool:šŸ„µ

Well, I did give you a brand name that you can search for !!

I found out that Columbus has a population of over 20,000 so, if there is no tool store, maybe that's a business opportunity for that neck of the woods ! ;) . But then, folks would have to walk bare-foot UPHILL BOTH WAYS to get to THAT store !! o_O:rolleyes:
Yes you did! And for that, Thanks! As for the population, We count all that's in a household down here - that would include dogs, chickens and goats; so 20000 seems about rite - iff'n you include the folks at the Air Force base and the students at the college.

WriteON

Top Bottom