Necklace Rack

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
She's been asking me for a long time to make something she can hang her necklaces on. The base is a bowl blank from Mark James which is Butternut. The post is some kind of Spalted wood, and the crossbar is Sycamore. These last two are what I had in the shop that were long enough for the project. She's happy with it, and now wants one for her bracelets. :rolleyes: I'll get back to pens eventually. All pieces were coated with Dr.s Wood polish.
Necklace Rack.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I like the bowl at the bottom vs just a pedestal. Adds a place for rings.
Thanks Mike, that's what I had in mind. The bowl blank was 3" thick. Susanne wasn't really impressed too much since she already has a Suagaro Cactus looking ring stand for her rings. Chrome Plated! ๐Ÿ˜ I've thought about drilling holes, and adding hooks along the sides of the crossbar to make the necklaces easier to remove, and replace. She has more necklaces than I thought.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
That came out great Buddy! I agree, the bowl is a perfect base. I may steal this design. And, I love seeing the blanks finally getting used - really nice job Chuck! ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
That came out great Buddy! I agree, the bowl is a perfect base. I may steal this design. And, I love seeing the blanks finally getting used - really nice job Chuck! ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘
Thanks Mark. Have at it. This was actually the 2nd attempt at turning anything that somewhat resembled a bowl. The first time was when I lived in Florida, and looked more like a saucer. The Butternut was really open on the end grain. I'll be trying to more of the blanks you dropped off. Thanks!

Top Bottom