Neat! (not about pens) ((long))

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
I needed a drive belt for a HP DesignJet 750 (36" wide inkjet printer) and I was on HP's website looking for parts. When I found the right page, I realized that this is not going to be easy.

I had a job I needed to do on that machine for a customer and I was under the gun to get the work out. I was thinking to myself "How the heck am I going to tell this person that I will have to disappoint them by not get them the product they need when they needed it. This was not going to be good.

Now I have pop-up blockers setup on this computer and I very rarely, if ever do I get a pop-up.

Now imagine my surprise when a pop-up showed up saying "Do you need assistance? Click here to talk to a live person" I click on the button and immediately a chat window opens and there was a message "Hi, my name is Leo, how can I help you?"

I told Leo what I was looking for and he told me to wait a moment while he finds the part.

Less than a minute later Leo comes back and types. "We have them in stock, click on this link to make sure this is the right item. When I said it was, supplied me with another link to purchase the part.

All this happened on Monday, I received the part Tuesday, and this morning (Wednesday) we will be delivering the product to our customer.

HP saved my butt.

DocStram

Good story, Ron. Isn't it ironic how consumers have come to accept mediocre service from businesses. And then, when we get treated like we're supposed to (as in your experience with HP) .... we're surprised and elated.

Originally posted by DocStram
<br />Good story, Ron. Isn't it ironic how consumers have come to accept mediocre service from businesses. And then, when we get treated like we're supposed to (as in your experience with HP) .... we're surprised and elated.

Yes, you are right and I couldn't agree more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom