natural edge burl bowl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from moyehow

moyehow

Thanks Mr. Albert for the wood. This is what I was able to do with one of the pieces. I will have to hand sand the bottom, so I still have some work to do. I can't wait to work on the second piece of burl I purchased from you. DSC_8272.jpg

DSC_8274.jpg

DSC_8276.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rmartin

That is wonderfull!

I first thought, UFO, UFO, flying saucer! Then it looked like some stange creature you might see on the deep ocean floor. It also reminds me of a cave ceiling.

exoticwo

Hello Moye,

I like the piece you made out of the Red Mallee I sent.
You did a great job turning from the bottom and leaving the pins for character. The shape you picked really shows the contrasting colors well.

Grizz

Banned
Now those are sweet! I'd love to get my hands on some of that wood.

Fred

Jon ... Greetings! I just noted your comment posted on the IAP concerning the Red Mallee bowl.

I have a source for you that is just down the way from me by about three miles. I can't go there much as my money just falls all over their floor from the door to the warehouse. http://www.leetreewoodworks.com/

The operation is now under new management as there were reported problems wayyyyyy back in the past. I have never experienced anything but excellent service and their burls are amazing. You should see some of the larger ones there have on pallets. These are being cut for tabletops and are just stunning to look at. They have them cut to dimension by CNC machines down in Atlanta.

Just trying to help you out and there are many other sources on the Forum that are excellent to deal with as well, like exoticwo above.

Top Bottom