Natural Edge Bowl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from markgum

markgum

attended a class at the local WoodCraft today. Here is what I created, not bad for the first time and I learned ALOT. I really need to get a BIG lathe, my Jet 1014 is super; just won't turn something this size. Yes, there are some boo-boos but it's a start...

Attachments

• cherry bowl001_edited.jpg
    cherry bowl001_edited.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 248
  • cherry bowl005_edited.jpg
    cherry bowl005_edited.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 225
  • cherry bowl003_edited.jpg
    cherry bowl003_edited.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 200
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Nolan

WHAT its not a natural edge winged AU burl bowl??? WTF!!!:biggrin: Nice bowl buddy, hows the weather up there?

markgum

I know, I know.. they are in the box of goodies, I got from Nolan. Now that I have found my tools, I should get to those. The weather has been awesome here. Mid 40's and sunny. :cool: O', wait, I mean it has been raining, gray skies, chance of snow, wet, COLD. you wouldn't like it Nolan. :biggrin:

Hmmm. I wonder where he could get some top quality Aussie burl caps to make such a bowl? Any suggestions? :biggrin:

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
That bowl is beautiful! What a wonderful piece of wood! That must have been great watching it "develop."

mickr

The biggest "trick" to those is the balance..getting it between center right so one side isn't way high over the other...great job..looks balanced..great first..keep at us and make us all jealous

markgum

very true. had to re-adjust a few times to get the balance just right. It was nice having a v/s lathe, so I could slowly bring it up to speed.

The biggest "trick" to those is the balance..getting it between center right so one side isn't way high over the other...great job..looks balanced..great first..keep at us and make us all jealous

nava1uni

Mark,
Beautiful bowl. I love taking classes and learning more and different techniques. I think that bowl should reside back in California. Those of us in the Northern California/Nevada chapter could pass it around. What do you think? LOL

Last edited:
Top Bottom