NASCAR pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gandsande

Please I am BIG time restricted. I have a customer with a Brother that is Palative and the Doc has give them Less then the new year. I was asked if there is a pen with a Nascar logo on or in it? I am asking this Form for HELP ...

Please I think I saw a Laser inlay or a Nascar logo of some sort a While back. I would realy like to fill this order for obvious reasons AS QUICK AS POSSIBLE.

Do any of you have or know of someone that has somthing????

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mr

The NASCAR logo could be a problem. For something like this, your best and quickest option would be to do a decal pen. There are plenty of good articles here in the forum if you are not familiar with them.

workinforwood

I've had this request to make nascar blanks a few times before. I have not come up with anything yet. There is a big problem with using logo's without permission. The only idea I came up with is a checkered flag. A checkered blank is real easy, but a waving checkered flag is a whole other beast of a challenge! I've been real busy with lots of different things lately so I haven't got on that yet, I can't make any promises at this time.

firewhatfire

I have this, it is a corian that I segmented to look like a checkered flag. Just another idea for you to pitch. shoot me a message if this is an option.
segmentpens004.jpg

segmentpens001.jpg

Last edited:

workinforwood

This is what I envision a Nascar pen would be. I mocked this up in under an hour. With a 1mm bit, this can be cut in 15 hrs. I can add more details too, like there is a space between the flag poles and the flag, and some flag seam lines to represent the folds better, but that requires a .3 mm bit to get into, so that would be a tool change and 24 hrs of machine time! I think it looks just fine without the extra details. It's a basic double checkered flag crossing over each other. It would have to be edited according to the pen it was to be used for, increasing or decreasing machine time according to how much depth is needed. I have this scheduled for a .094 deep cut level, .015 level passes, so that's like 7 passes with a bit. When you cut something like this and it's going to take more than 6 hrs, you need to make shallow passes because the bit can only handle deep cuts for so long before it breaks. Of course, that's an Aluminum cut schedule too. In plastic I could double the depth and speed, but the pen wouldn't be as cool as a metal one! Anyhow, here's a pic of my computer screen.

Technology is pretty cool huh?!?!

Attachments

• flagscreenshot.jpg
    flagscreenshot.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:

workinforwood

Yes it could, but you'd have to block all the flag holes, cast, spin, recast, or cast the holes with inlace one side at a time then cast blank. totally a possibility. I chucked up a piece of aluminum and am cutting one right now, barring any un-noticed bit break or machine crash I should have the raw blank by morning time. I went with a 3.75 inch long blank, 9.6 hole then step drilled a 9.7 hole in the back side so it will be perfect for a modified cigar pen, and be nice and light weight too! :biggrin:

woodgraver

NASCAR Inlay

I had some left over pieces from another segmenting process so I thought I'd give this a try. Not perfect by any means, but good practice to try and get better at making inlay pens ;)

Jim

Attachments

• DSC_0291.JPG
    DSC_0291.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 149

workinforwood

I had some left over pieces from another segmenting process so I thought I'd give this a try. Not perfect by any means, but good practice to try and get better at making inlay pens ;)

Jim

it's a good attempt, but it also gets you a law suit! :biggrin:

I can't afford the cost of their logo, I don't know how much it costs, but I know it's out of my price range. There's lots of options that can be done, you just have to be careful not to be close to their trademarks. Checkered flags are standard non copyright, it's a good option. A racing helmet or a generic race car would be great too.

woodgraver

Jeff,
It only gets you a lawsuit if you sell it. I have no intention of selling it. Why you jumped to the conclusion that I was offering it for sale is beyond my ability to comprehend.

Jim

BSea

Jeff,
It only gets you a lawsuit if you sell it. I have no intention of selling it. Why you jumped to the conclusion that I was offering it for sale is beyond my ability to comprehend.

Jim
He was just offering you some advice. And I also thought you were selling it. In your 1st post you mentioned "Fill The Order". And also that a "customer" of yours with a brother. That sounds like a sale to me.

workinforwood

Very true Jim, but I also can say where do you get the conclusion I said you were selling it? The poster is wanting a pen he can sell, thus the reference that you need something non-copyright. that's all, so when I say it's good but gets you a law suit, I'm simply saying that's not something you want to market to your client is all. It's a great personal pen, especially for showing off your talents.

woodgraver

Sigh...I'm sure there is a forum for those seeking legal advice, my intent was just to show how I was inspired to try something I thought would be too complicated to achieve. I appreciate your concern, it just is really unnecessary and takes away from my intent.

workinforwood

I like where you took the logo to Jim. Even though it needs a bit of work in lining up the pieces, the idea of using different colors of wood to make the transition is excellent. The letters came out perfect. There's good idea's and inspiration in that pen, and I'm not just saying that to kiss your butt or something as I have no need to worry if you like me or not. It's talented work. sorry if you feel I was bashing you in any way.

gandsande

Jim i love it. Nascar can only ask for maybe like 5.00 each kit. You should send it to them and ask permission to distribute for them!

firewhatfire

here is how to find out the cost

14. Notice of Infringement of Copyright.
TSI and NASCAR respect the rights of all copyright holders and in this regard, TSI and NASCAR have adopted and implemented a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of Users and account holders who infringe the rights of copyright holders. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide TSI's Copyright Agent the following information required by the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. Section 512:
A. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
B. Identification of the copyright work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
C. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
D. Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party;
E. A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
F. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
For copyright inquiries under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act please contact:

Copyright Agent
One CNN Center
Box 105573
Atlanta, GA 30348
Phone: (404) 878-2276
Fax: (404) 827-1995
Email: TSIcopyrightagent@turner.com.
For web posting, reprint, transcript or licensing requests for TSI or NASCAR material, please contact licensing.nascar@turner.com
For any questions or requests other than copyright issues or licensing requests, please contact nascar@turner.com.
Updated May 2011

IPD_Mrs

Jeff - LOVE love LOVE that blank. Whether you know it or not I am a HUGE fan of the Nascar Circuit. (NOPE not going to go to extent of naming drivers because no matter WHO you like someone else has another opinion and it always starts an argument).

That new machine of yours is REALLY working out GREAT for you. The last two that I have seen I would have been more than happy to carry!

Linda

workinforwood

Jeff - LOVE love LOVE that blank. Whether you know it or not I am a HUGE fan of the Nascar Circuit. (NOPE not going to go to extent of naming drivers because no matter WHO you like someone else has another opinion and it always starts an argument).

That new machine of yours is REALLY working out GREAT for you. The last two that I have seen I would have been more than happy to carry!

Linda

Thanks Linda, it came off the machine this morning perfect. I am going to cast it today and maybe I'll have a pen the following day! :biggrin:

Top Bottom