Mystery wood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

My new neighbor is cutting several trees at the back of his lot. Here are photos of three pieces I got for our woodturning club which I can't log into for some reason. Thought the members here might help. Wood is very light, like poplar and in carrying it to my house, there is an abundance of sap like pine. Had to get out the citrus hand cleaner! A fellow called it bulk something. Any idea what it is? Want to take it to our woodturning club but not if it is worthless.
Wood.1.jpgWood.2.jpgWood.3.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Not sure what it is but I will say it's a good thing he cut the tree down. Looks pretty rotted in the center. I got some Elm that looked like this in the center and it made great fire wood however, I did keep a piece back that I need to look into a bit more as it looks curly.

Woodchipper

He is cutting a lot of trees and wild hedge. Giving him about 20 feet more property. House was a rental until he bought it this summer and no one cared about the yard.

Woodchipper

Hard to find them. Leaves are rain-beaten and pretty well gone. Another forum felt it was a soft wood. I'm going to relegate it to a burn pile. Don't think anyone would like to put of with the sticky sap. I didn't like just carrying them into the shop.

Top Bottom