Mystery wood slimline

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bsshog40

bsshog40

So I got a couple responses in trying to identify this wood. Both agreed with walnut. It has a really weird grain to it. Anyway, here's what it looks like turned.

Attachments

• Side one.jpg
    Side one.jpg
    453.7 KB · Views: 295
  • Side two.jpg
    Side two.jpg
    518.8 KB · Views: 307
  • Left side.jpg
    Left side.jpg
    502.5 KB · Views: 302
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
A number of years ago I was asked to make a humidor for a friend and he wanted something very unique but out of Walnut. A friend of mine milled wood from different species so I asked what he had and he showed me a piece of beautiful Walnut that came right at the graft site. It looked very much like this pen. Lots of curl, swirl and irregular pattern to it. Nice job on the pen Bobby.

bsshog40

Whatever wood it is, the pen looks really good!!! I also like the pen stand, simple but nice.
Thanks Larry. Yea I needed something to put my pen on trying to picture them a little better. Had a couple small pieces of oak laying around and I doweled a couple 7mm pen tubes together. Lol

bsshog40

A number of years ago I was asked to make a humidor for a friend and he wanted something very unique but out of Walnut. A friend of mine milled wood from different species so I asked what he had and he showed me a piece of beautiful Walnut that came right at the graft site. It looked very much like this pen. Lots of curl, swirl and irregular pattern to it. Nice job on the pen Bobby.
Thanks Tom! I like the swirl pattern also. I still have a couple more pieces of this stuff that were cut for knife scales. šŸ˜‰

Top Bottom