Myland's Sanding Sealer. Help!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bryguy

Can anyone help me. I have a nearly full can of Myland's Sanding Sealer. I cannot get the cap off. Obviously, since I only use the stuff for pens I don't use much at a time. I've tried a wrench on the cap, but it is tough to do as you also have to apply downward pressure (Damn childproof cap!). Does anyone have a solution?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wouldentu2?

Most child proof caps (the plastic part) can be forced off with a pliers or a screwdriver.

I had a can of contact adhesive I could not get the cap off because I did not wipe the threads off and I soaked it upside down in a shallow amount of solvent. Came right off.

Sly Dog

Haha, I feel your pain, Bryan. I have literally put the can of sanding sealer in my wood vise while I went at the cap with one hand pressing down and the other with channel lock pliers. It worked, but Dave's suggestion sounds a lot easier.

jttheclockman

I always cut the plastic part of the cap off with an exacto knife and never have that problem with those type cans again. Acetone and other larger cans come with them. Easy fix.

Hartwell85

Cutting the cap off makes it easier to grip with pliers. Once you get the cap off, clean off any liquid on the cap and can threads.

Top Bottom