Mylands and CA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Hippie3180

I don't use Mylands, but after I sand/polish my ca finish I always use a friction polish, works great imo.

jrista

Does mylands include any wax? If so, I imagine the CA might not hold up well over the long term (i.e. might separate).

Todd in PA

I wouldn't think putting ca over a friction polish would work. The other way around is probably safe. Whether it looks good is the rest of the story.

its_virgil

I see no reason to use both. I am not a fan of shellac based friction polishes for items that will be continuously handled. Do you have a rationale for using both. Ca on top or friction polish on top? What are your thoughts on using both. What would happen? The CA may not stick to the friction polish or the friction polish will darken and eventually wear off over time. Friction polish needs a couple of days to cure and harden. I would bet that most of those who use a friction polish assemble soon after applying the finish. Even lacquer, although quick drying, needs a few days to completely cure. Use one or the other but I would not use both. Just my opinions.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

jrista

I will use an oil base coat (or few) on wood, before topping with CA. This maximizes the chatoyance of the wood. Other than that, I don't think I've ever used more than one kind of finish on anything myself. I think if CA is polished up properly, its all you need.

Top Bottom