Purpleheart
Leopardwood
Walnut
Mystrywood 1
Mystrywood 2 (fruit)
Combo of Mystrywood 2 and "spalted hardwood dowel" wood
Walnut
Mystrywood 3

Close-ups are in my album. Feedback is appreciated (other than, get a tripod and better lighting - it's packed away somewhere!), as is any help figuring out the mystrywoods. I think Mystrywood 1 may be Goncalo Alves; it is hard and dense like Cocobolo, but more brown than Cocobolo. Mystrywood 2 is some kind of fruit wood; it smelled really nice when turning it. Mystrywood 3 is a real mystery; very light weight wood. All of the wood except the purpleheart was donated by NESLS for use in the FPP (which is where all but the purplehearts are headed). I have another blank from this batch, and they also offered to send more free of charge for those participating in the FPP. I also ordered some other blanks from them, and they look really nice!

I'm going to post the desk set and the RWB pen separately, too.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Thanks guys. Yes Queso, you got it right, the caps to the pens look different because of reflections from the tops. Since these are going into the FPP, hopefully they ARE angel pens!

As I look at them, the 2nd purpleheart and the "mystrywood 2" pens look like the top and bottom don't quite match size-wise. Trust me, it's a trick of the shadow! :)

Gary

Well, that sounds pretty authoritative, especially since it's based on a cursory glance of a photo.

Mystery wood #1 could also be Goncolo Alves, Mystery wood # 2 could be cherry and Mystery wood #3 could be a number of different woods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom