My Twisted Wood Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Justturnin

Justturnin

Here is my Twisted Wood Pen from the Blank provided by Bill Jordan (8ball48043). The wood seems to be a mix of Walnut, Maple, Paduk and some others. It was fun to turn but this was a test piece provided to me and it had some issues to be addressed. I have a couple of other Segment blanks that have been gifted to me that I have been a little intimidated to turn, not anymore. Thanks Bill for the opportunity.

I am stil working on my photography, as you can tell, but it is getting better. C&C Always welcome and requested.
IMG_1586.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

StephenM

Very nice! What sort of issues were there? I'm going to be doing some segmented work (of sorts) and was wondering what to look out for.

Justturnin

Very nice! What sort of issues were there? I'm going to be doing some segmented work (of sorts) and was wondering what to look out for.

The issues were not with the Segmenting persae but this blank seemed to be an offcut and some of the segementing did not continue all the way through so I had voides that were partially filled with Wood Glue so I could not fill them with Shavings. I just topped them off w/ CA and called it done.

Top Bottom