my supplier is a bad person........

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

pete00

So I went to the wood supplier the other day to look for some cocobolo to fill an order and some “sappy stuff†to show folks. Check the sap lovers link in this section, if you want to see.

I crawled around these mounds of wood picking out what I thought were pretty stuff. I took a few pics and asked the guy if he wanted me to put the boards back onto the piles. He said naw you can leave them there.

I sent the pic to a couple of folks, sold a bunch so now I have to go get the wood.

Called the guy and said if you remember me and the boards I was looking at , I’ll take 4 of them, I’ll be in this afternoon to get them.

I remember you and the boards but I sold a few already……….
Bummer well I guess ill take the ones you still have and ill look around and pick out a few more…….

no you cant I sold them….....sold what……all I had……but there were piles and piles of them………

Well after you left a buyer came in for one of the woodworking chains, saw the boards you left and said “I’ll take all you gotâ€

But……but....cant you take out just a couple out for me…..

well if you want to give me a hundred thousand check ill be glad to take them out for you…….but don’t worry I have another tractor load coming in soon, ill let you look around them before I unload them if you want so you can have your pick.

THEN....THEN he said with a chuckle…..maybe you can help me sell them like the other bunch, before I get them off the truck… ill see ya when you come in again……….

yea I guess you will, only because I like your wood better than you….….and im going to report you to Santa………

so other than a 36 pound block of Amboyla Burl i have nothing to show you........

Here’s the pic you didn’t see…….sigh:(

20061214141324_sm%20figured%20coco%20DSC00643.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

I love making pens, but some of that is too pretty to use on a pen. Now that shorter board all the way on the right...

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Pete,

There's an old saying in sales, "Sell what you got today, not what you HOPE to get tomorrow!!"

Sorry about your missed opportunity![:D][:D]

DocStram

Originally posted by pete00
<br />

THEN....THEN he said with a chuckle…..maybe you can help me sell them like the other bunch, before I get them off the truck… ill see ya when you come in again……….

Tell him you were glad to be of assistance .... and that you'll take your commission in wood.

pete00

Originally posted by BigRob777
<br />You must be a nicer guy than I am. That comment to me, after losing wood like that, would probably cause me to boycott the guy.
Rob

These guys are actually quite nice, they help me out a lot and were alway throwing zingers at one another, hence the comment made to me.

I probabaly spend more time in there asking questions than buying stuff.

The other day they were looking for a yard man, someone checking cars and trucks when leaving the place, he said he'll pay me in exotic wood ..[:D]

Now wheres that irs form that says "heres how to send in your payment in wood".....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom