My son's first two pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from stuckinohio

stuckinohio

Ok, so my son is 23, so it's not as impressive as it could be, but I'm proud. He's visiting from Texas and this is the first time he has used the lathe.

His wife likes gray and yellow so we did a simple segmented pen for the twist.

He picked a piece of Bocote, which Mark James gave me in a BOB. It turned out really well. Love the grain, I just cant get a decent picture!

Attachments

• DSCN2207.jpg
    DSCN2207.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 264
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

campzeke

Any time in the shop with the kiddos is GREAT time! I taught both of my adult sons and my adult daughter. Loved every minute of it! I have taught kids from 11 to 90+ year olds to turn pens. It's a great experience for everyone. I think I am almost ready to take on the task of teaching my 10 year old twin nieces .... not sure I'm quiet up to that one yet but we'll get there.

stuckinohio

He and I both really enjoyed it. Now he's been bitten by the "turning bug":) I'm sure his wife loves that. He can't stop talking about it, so hopefully he buys a lathe soon!

OZturner

Great Time Spent with your Son, Lewis.
I very much like the Gray and Yellow Segmented Blank, It looks Spectacular on the Stylus Twist Pen.
I appreciate that you are having difficulty photographing the Bocote on the Longwood Twist.
It does look from what I can see that the Finish could do with a bit of work.

I love the Longwood Twist Pens they beautifully display a Spectacular Blank.

From Personal experience I suggest that if he does get a lathe you can expect to loose some of your Equipment and Stock.
Congratulations, to you and Your Son.
Brian.

Top Bottom