My sons first pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Fatdawg

Fatdawg

Had the greatest time in the shop with my son. James aka Boo Boo loves being in the shop with me and he decided it was time for him to make his own pen. He picked the blank and the components. Great pairing. He really payed attention and had a great time. Unfortunatly he is addicted just as I am, don't know if I can support us both but I'll have fun tryin!! Areo click dressed in red and black acrylic.

Attachments

• 100_1315 Quick e-mail view.jpg
    100_1315 Quick e-mail view.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 376
  • 100_1319 Quick e-mail view.jpg
    100_1319 Quick e-mail view.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 347
  • 100_1321 Quick e-mail view.jpg
    100_1321 Quick e-mail view.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 336
  • 100_1323 Quick e-mail view.jpg
    100_1323 Quick e-mail view.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 348
  • 100_1332 Quick e-mail view.jpg
    100_1332 Quick e-mail view.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 364
  • 100_1334 Quick e-mail view.jpg
    100_1334 Quick e-mail view.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 439
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Talfalfa33

Great job......Just wish I had the time and space when my son was that young, but he's into it now. He looks so proud of himself as being a dad myself, I know your proud of him as well dad. Once again, great job to both of you.

SDB777

Looks like your gonna need to get another lathe for that young turner! He's a natural!!!!

Scott (better fit-n-finish then most I've seen) B

paintspill

thats so awesome. my boys have been bugging me like crazy to start making their own. my youngest would probably have better luck than the older one. thank you for putting safety glasses on that kid. i can't believe how many people don't.

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
Had the greatest time in the shop with my son. James aka Boo Boo loves being in the shop with me and he decided it was time for him to make his own pen. He picked the blank and the components. Great pairing. He really payed attention and had a great time. Unfortunatly he is addicted just as I am, don't know if I can support us both but I'll have fun tryin!! Areo click dressed in red and black acrylic.

"support both of us" :redface: you can and you will!!!!! you have to! :) These are memories you will take to your grave!! :biggrin: Good job!:tongue:

Last edited:

crabcreekind

Thats an awesome first pen!
(You could give your son the mini lathe, and then you would have an excuse to buy a full size one:biggrin::biggrin:)

Boz

Very nice I am sure both of you are very proud. I have a daughter that was more interested in fish and animals but she gave me a grandson that I can't wait until he is older and we can work in the shop. Now we play with blocks and our colors and shapes.

Man that is so good to see. What a great thing to be able to do and a great first pen. Sadly my son has no interest in pen crafting or wood turning but Dani-elle my eldest daughter does. She has such a light touch and is going to be far better than I and I had to buy a second lathe because I could never get on mine, You will have to make room on you bench for another lathe.

Fatdawg

Thanks for the great comments and support. I have read all the comments everyone has posted to him. He is trying to decide on what his next pen will be. It's so cute he sits and looks through the CSUSA and PSI catalogs drooling! I talked it over with my wife and we are going to get him some kits and blanks for in his Christmas stocking. I cant wait to see his expression when he finds them Christmas morning.

NotURMailman

That is just awesome! I remember when my daughter used to spend time in the shop with me, best times ever!!!

(BTW- That looks better than a good number of my pens...)

Top Bottom