My small workshop

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

wood-of-1kind

I am being deprived of some happiness. Reason, I can't work in my shop due to the recent cold spell here. Due to size limitations it's not practical nor safe to have secondary heating. Guess that I will have to wait for some warmer climate. What keeps you away from your shop/leisure station?

2006225171550_shed1.jpg

200622517168_shed1a.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodpens

My swimming pool is between my house and my shop. Some days, I just can't make it past the pool! [:D] Sorry, a little southern humor there. Actually, it is flooding outside right now. That is why I am typing instead of turning.

woodpens

LOL I feel your pain. The time I spent in CT and Scotland when I was in the Navy convinced me to stay in the south. I grew up in FL and moved to AL when I got out of the service. I like the look of fresh snow, but I love the beaches more. [:)]

reed43

This snowey picture is why I love southern Arizona, never to cold to get into the shop.( And might add ten miles from BB and Kathy's house)

Thumbs

For all us folks out here in the cold and sunless parts of this frozen world, let me just say that was a very nasty snowball in the face! [:p][}:)] LOL! and [:(]--[;)]

<b>EDIT:</b>

Funny though![:D] We will trade some snow for sunshine if you want.......?[?]

TomServo

Originally posted by woodpens
<br />LOL I feel your pain. The time I spent in CT and Scotland when I was in the Navy convinced me to stay in the south. I grew up in FL and moved to AL when I got out of the service. I like the look of fresh snow, but I love the beaches more. [:)]

Yeah, but snow cleans off easier than that gritty sand ;)

Can't stand hot weather myself... get me above 80F and I wilt.

wood-of-1kind

<br />LOL [/quote]
Yeah, but snow cleans off easier than that gritty sand ;)

[/quote]

No cleaning this baby(snow) too easily due to severe cold. Strong back and shovel is how it's done here.
Give me your 'gritty' sand anyday. At least I can throw your sand on our snow to get some traction in order to visit my shop.

-Peter-[;)]

TomServo

Peter: I live in north dakota, put new rings in my car at the beginning of the month... in an unheated storage unit.. It gets chilly here too! No possibility of an electric or propane heater in your shop? I used a "Mr Heater" I got at walmart (and later returned) while I worked on my car. 14000 BTU brought the 10x20' storage unit up to about 40 degrees F. The radiant heat worked wonders, I couldn't have touched the engine block without it. Gets expensive, feeding it 1 pound bottles.

Maybe what you need is a vest with a heat pad sewn into the back.... go out to the shop, plug yourself in...

wood-of-1kind

Tom says...
(Peter)Maybe what you need is a vest with a heat pad sewn into the back.... go out to the shop, plug yourself in...

But, but, but Tom, if I plug myself in, then I am short of an outlet for my radio.[:(]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom