My slimline unlimited entry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dogrunner

dogrunner

I had a lot of fun making this pen. It was a made on a wood lathe with carbide tools.
IMG_20210217_202309999.jpg
IMG_20210216_205052345.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Joebobber

How does the tip stay in your pen by the way? I usually make tips out of a material and glue them inside the tube. Do you have an O-ring glued inside to hold it in? I just got a couple rods of aluminum for a pen I was going to make. I like your concept, but I would make it all 1 piece unless you have a trick to getting the tip to stay that I can borrow.

dogrunner

How does the tip stay in your pen by the way? I usually make tips out of a material and glue them inside the tube. Do you have an O-ring glued inside to hold it in? I just got a couple rods of aluminum for a pen I was going to make. I like your concept, but I would make it all 1 piece unless you have a trick to getting the tip to stay that I can borrow.
It's press fit. The first one I made was one piece. I had a probably with the transmission and it's much easier to fix with a removable tip.i have figured out how to remove a 7 mm transmission from a piece tip now though . If you can break of the end the refill screws into the hole that left in the transmission . You can run a 10/24 tap through it. Then put a machine 10/24 screw in it and insert a small punch through the the little hole in your one piece tip and drive it out.

Last edited:

Joebobber

It's press fit. The first one I made was one piece. I had a probably with the transmission and it's much easier to fix with a removable tip.i have figured out how to remove a 7 mm transmission from a piece tip now though . If you can break of the end the refill screws into the hole that left in the transmission . You can run a 10/24 tap through it. Then put a machine 10/24 screw in it and insert a small punch through the the little hole in your one piece tip and drive it out.
That is awesome man. It really turned out beautiful!

Top Bottom