My slimline entries :D

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Fred Bruche

Fred Bruche

The resolution to clean-up and bring some order to my shop area didn't go very far last night... I stumbled on a box of "slimline" blanks (about 1/2" squares), then I got the idea stuck in my head that I had to check whether I could still turn slimlines. Anyway, long story short, epoxy-glued overnight, turned and GluBoost finish this morning :D

Blanks from top to bottom
Stabilized and colored something wood (maple? boxelder?)
Home-cast liquid diamonds epoxy with micas
Ringed gidgee

C&C welcome.

slimpencils 1.jpg
slimpencils 2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Looks like you've "still got it" !!! . Eh ?

Very nice !!!

Just a side issue .... there seems to be an optical illusion, with the nib end of all 3 barrels looking larger than the center and top . . Wondering what might be "at play" here. . Anyone else get that impression ? . Might have to do with the 3 nib ends being in close proximity to each other.

Last edited:

Fred Bruche

Looks like you've "still got it" !!! . Eh ?

Very nice !!!

Just a side issue .... there seems to be an optical illusion, with the nib end of all 3 barrels looking larger than the center and top . . Wondering what might be "at play" here. . Anyone else get that impression ? . Might have to do with the 3 nib ends being in close proximity to each other.

I think I kinda see what you mean, so I got the calipers out and measured carefully. The variations in size are at most 0.04mm between the nibs and center bands (I didn't spend much time measuring before assembling, these pencils are for myself at work and they tend to "disappear" over time :rolleyes:). So it seems some optical effect is at play.

Top Bottom