My shop oak tree is leafing out

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mmayo

Amid such awful times spring just keeps moving on. This is part of the view out my shop's roll up door. Nice spot for a coffee break. Soon the sky will be blocked again with large green leaves.
Be safe

Attachments

• 35B589C0-920C-44AC-8767-DA7337CD8567.jpeg
    35B589C0-920C-44AC-8767-DA7337CD8567.jpeg
    715.5 KB · Views: 173
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
The oak standing behind my shop has also leafed out... not sure which variety of oak, but suspect also white oak.... it's immediately behind the shop, leans slightly towards the shop and is at least 4' diameter at the base.... it's first limb is about 10-15 feet up the tree is run horizontal to the ground... a perfect hanging tree. If it falls, my shop will be smashed totally flat.

howsitwork

One of my front gardens' flowering cherry trees starting to bleed blossom onto the lawn. Raining now so shot from window

Attachments

• 4DD89AD6-F11F-49A8-8B24-F3083C7A7BB1.jpeg
    4DD89AD6-F11F-49A8-8B24-F3083C7A7BB1.jpeg
    151.5 KB · Views: 99

sbwertz

My Chinese elm has been completely leafed out since February. Around here they call them "evergreen elms" because in our warm Phoenix weather they are only bare for about 3 or 4 weeks in late December/early January. We had a mild winter, so it never did go completely bare, keeping almost half its leaves all winter.

mmayo

The oak standing behind my shop has also leafed out... not sure which variety of oak, but suspect also white oak.... it's immediately behind the shop, leans slightly towards the shop and is at least 4' diameter at the base.... it's first limb is about 10-15 feet up the tree is run horizontal to the ground... a perfect hanging tree. If it falls, my shop will be smashed totally flat.

Let's hope for tree health and moderate wind for you.

Dieseldoc

Added a tiny bit of saturation too lessen the smog in Arvin and that is the view I see out of the shop daily. Love it.
Yes it's to bad we have such crappy air quality these days. Stuff coming over the hill from Barkersfield and LA. Makes for bad air I your area. Tree still looking good.

mmayo

Yes it's to bad we have such crappy air quality these days. Stuff coming over the hill from Barkersfield and LA. Makes for bad air I your area. Tree still looking good.

We rarely have bad air in Bear Valley, but we can see bad air down in Arvin and Bakersfield. People from Bakersfield come to our home to do work and immediately comment positively about the air. We sometimes shop in Bako and we notice the smell as soon as you head down the hill.

Top Bottom