My second pen from start to finish

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from brailsmt

brailsmt

Just got the lathe and tools this week. This is my third pen overall, and only second from start to finish on my new lathe. My first pen is almost comically bulbous, so I'm looking to slim things down, and I really like this one. Of course, I gave it to my daughter fresh off the lathe.

EDIT: I was also careful to mark the alignment of the grain when I cut the blank. Only to promptly forget to align the grain when I assembled the pen. Live and learn.

1_20181206_zebrawood_pen.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

What kind of wood? There are an infinite number of ways to turn a pen blank. Yours is one of them. Nice pen and like the bold grain. Welcome to the forum, too.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Michael,

Good looking pen!

Here is a suggestion - Harbor Freight has a good set of transfer punches - here - https://www.harborfreight.com/28-piece-transfer-punch-set-3577.html

You can use these to disassembly the pen and re-align either or both ends. Great practice and experience that becomes very beneficial down the road.

If you need some guidance on disassembly, just ask. That model is a fairly easy one to disassemble and re-assemble.

Last edited:
Top Bottom