My recent castings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

navycop

I am finally able to upload pictures to the computer. Here are some of the primative castings I did. The first has "X's and O's" confetti in it. It sank to the bottom. The one on top of the mold has it sandwiched between two pours. The green one is some glow in the dark paint mixed into the resin. I used an ice cube tray to make some half round blanks. The flag one is some left over resin poured on a toothpick flag.
Please be kind... This is till I can get some professional molds..
(PS using craft'n resin from AC Moore).

Attachments

• Recent Castings 002.jpg
    Recent Castings 002.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 179
  • Recent Castings 003.jpg
    Recent Castings 003.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 149
  • Recent Castings 006.jpg
    Recent Castings 006.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 169
  • Recent Castings 004.jpg
    Recent Castings 004.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 172
  • Recent Castings 008.jpg
    Recent Castings 008.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 202
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Manny

Mike, are you going to cut these up and make pens or pendants?

I would like to see how they come out. Also if you are interested in suspending the X's and O's try layering your pours.

It takes longer to make but you fill the entire blank with casting materials.

Layer
step 1 - mix 2 oz add X's and O's pour into bottom of mold. Let harden.
step 2 - Repeat step one pour on top of hardened resin let second layer harden
Step 3 - repeat step 2

If you don't like the density adjust.

Lets see a pen or pendant now!
Manny

navycop

I would like to see how they come out. Also if you are interested in suspending the X's and O's try layering your pours.

Manny
I will make pens when I get my bandsaw working to cut them. Does anyone know another way to cut them safetly?

PTownSubbie

Manny
I will make pens when I get my bandsaw working to cut them. Does anyone know another way to cut them safetly?

I use my tablesaw to cut mine.

You never did call. You can come by and cut whatever you need. Just let me know when....

workinforwood

Looks really interesting. I think all the x o will spin right off though. It's challenging to capture something like that in mid suspension. I've had many successes and failures doing tricks like that. It's all in the timing of the pour. Your floaters are in one cup mixed with resin, and the rest of the resin in a different cup. You'd wait till it is seconds from gelling then toss in a thin layer of resin, toss in the floaters and then lots of resin on top and because you are seconds from total gel, the floaters can't make it to the top before they are trapped...so they will be randomly swirly suspended within the resin, rather than in layers.

Top Bottom