My PITHmas Present from Russknan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Triple Crown

Triple Crown

Russ and I really enjoyed being matched with one another for the PITH exchange this year! We not only challenged ourselves to try new techniques that we had not done before, but corresponded often and became good friends along the way. I am writing a different posting telling the story about the fun and obstacles that I had making my PITHmas present to Russ.

Here is Russ's beautiful PITH pen to me. :biggrin: It is named 'Sine of the Times' as he set himself the challenge to make a segmented pen using a smooth flowing sine wave pattern. He even sent me the pattern template that he used to cut the blanks but somehow I failed to get it into the pictures that I took. The wood is Mulberry from his back yard and Ebony, and the metal between them is copper. The pen is a PSI Designer NT (no tenon) and everyone that I have showed this pen off to wants one!

Russ Combined-1 copy.jpgSine of the Times 1.jpg

The blanks that Russ sent are awesome! He included some of the Mulberry that he used to make the pen, including a cross cut slab. There is highly figured Walnut, Masur Birch, some beautiful Olivewood, spalted Tamerind, African Blackwood, and a Tagua nut! I'm excited to make some pens with these beautiful woods! Thanks Russ!

PITH Pen with Blanks.jpgPITH Pen with Blanks 2.jpg

On the nights that we received our pens (two consecutive nights), we talked to each other on the phone. It was really fun to share about making the pens! We plan to continue to correspond and even trade pens and materials! This was a great event and I cannot wait to do it again next year! Thank you so much IAP for making pen turning even more fun! :) Thanks for reading!

Greg

Top Bottom